gunner75's crash thread

Gixxus Christ!

I admitted to the sheriff that I mightve been going faster then I had thought. He did say he was unable to determine my speed due to the nature of the accident and that the grass was so thick

Sheriffs are usally pretty cool about these things. If it were a OHP they would have thrown everything they could at you and treated it as guilty untill proven innocence.:nono:

What group are you talking about?

The crop of "new guys" mostly in Central Ohio that seemingly keep riding over their head thinking of only speed as opposed to smooth riding and thus having mishaps. I don't mind being the dick to point this out if it helps people get some understanding and stop wrecking and putting themselves at greater risk. Nobody here wants bad shit to happen to other board members on rides

• Upvote 1

I thought riding with you and the go fast kids, was better than a "trackday"?

Personally I don't think it matters who thinks which route is better. What matters is riders getting as much GOOD advice and lessons from experienced riders. If its from the track teachers or just the guys who are extremely well skilled on the road, any knowledge and education is better than thinking you know what you're doing and being hard headed

I happen to have learned pretty much all I k ow from said well experienced street riders. Sure I'm not track fast or even remotely street fast but I sure am a hell of a better rider than before I got the advice and lessons

Personally I don't think it matters who thinks which route is better. What matters is riders getting as much GOOD advice and lessons from experienced riders. If its from the track teachers or just the guys who are extremely well skilled on the road, any knowledge and education is better than thinking you know what you're doing and being hard headed

I happen to have learned pretty much all I k ow from said well experienced street riders. Sure I'm not track fast or even remotely street fast but I sure am a hell of a better rider than before I got the advice and lessons

I'm just giving Todd shit and hope he knows that. I know full well learning from Todd and the like, and doing track days are extremely beneficial.

Edited by NightRider

The crop of "new guys" mostly in Central Ohio that seemingly keep riding over their head thinking of only speed as opposed to smooth riding and thus having mishaps. I don't mind being the dick to point this out if it helps people get some understanding and stop wrecking and putting themselves at greater risk. Nobody here wants bad shit to happen to other board members on rides

And ya know I'm usually the first to point out to new riders around here about safe riding and that speed isn't needed if your smooth. I admit I fucked up. I was getting into the speed and I shouldve slowed down and didn't. My wife wants me to give up on bikes all together, but I can't I love riding. Ill make my insurance claim and go from there. Ill probably get a used bike from one of those up for sale on here. Just depends on where things go

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Its not just Central part of the state..... No shortage of squids who want to race me on 480 on my comute to work, Usually with their girlfriend on the back. Use to be I would go ahead and play with them, but I have come to believe most of these kids on sport bikes have no clue how to turn of brake.

And ya know I'm usually the first to point out to new riders around here about safe riding and that speed isn't needed if your smooth. I admit I fucked up. I was getting into the speed and I shouldve slowed down and didn't. My wife wants me to give up on bikes all together, but I can't I love riding. Ill make my insurance claim and go from there. Ill probably get a used bike from one of those up for sale on here. Just depends on where things go

and its excellent that you realize that and my goal here is not to be my normal asshole self and make fun of someones misfortune. So many people have gone down this year that I think constant reminders are necessary at this point to keep more people from getting hurt!

Its not just Central part of the state..... No shortage of squids who want to race me on 480 on my comute to work, Usually with their girlfriend on the back. Use to be I would go ahead and play with them, but I have come to believe most of these kids on sport bikes have no clue how to turn of brake.

this has 0 to do with what I am talking about however I know what you speak of as I see it almost daily. I was only referring to board members in this instance

And I certainly wasn't saying I thought the OP was a squid.

But what I did is very squid like. I was riding fast in straights and to fast in the turns I pushed myself straight out of my skills

And like they say..... 2 types of riders. Those that HAVE crashed and those that WILL crash. Glad you got yours out of the way without too much fuss and damage.

I just hope that all the times I have crashed dirtbikes since I started riding in 1975 exempt me from crashing on the street... LOL

Edited by KTMRIDER
  • Upvote 1

As far as any actual video I will be going over there to get a general Idea and ill do a video of it then. I won't be posting it because my wife is concerned if I do that the leo could see it see my before speeds and get me for wreckless op or worse.

Reckless.

Not "wreckless".

In your case especially, since you had a wreck.

• Upvote 1

Damn, hope he is alright! Backboard doesn't sound reassuring though.
its protocol, we have to do it.
I thought riding with you and the go fast kids, was better than a "trackday"?
lol, how'd that work out for you the first time.
agreed 100%. Lots this season for some reason
I'm just giving Todd shit and hope he knows that. I know full well learning from Todd and the like, and doing track days are extremely beneficial.
we don't try to "teach" anything on the street. We try to give advice to prevent. ;)
But what I did is very squid like. I was riding fast in straights and to fast in the turns I pushed myself straight out of my skills

If you are making up time in the straights to "catch up" to a group, you are in the wrong group and over your head.

If you are riding solo and flying thru the straights only to grab a fistful of brake at the curve you are going to crash period.

Riding with an experienced group on the street and a good control rider on the track prevents you from blowing a corner. Any retard can hop on a bike and go full throttle in a straight line, maturity and skills happen at the curve. Work on smoothness by not accelerating in the straights and not slowing in the curves. You've accomplished something when you can head out for the day and set the bike at speed and maintain that speed thru the corners.

And that's usually what I do when I ride with my buddy rick. But I was solo and was trying to blow off stress. I like speed, always have, ever since my dad gave me a taste in his 78 nova built for drag when I was 6. Ill get back upband ride again but after this I think its time I slow down and be smart.

its protocol, we have to do it.

lol, how'd that work out for you the first time.

agreed 100%. Lots this season for some reason

we don't try to "teach" anything on the street. We try to give advice to prevent. ;)

If you are making up time in the straights to "catch up" to a group, you are in the wrong group and over your head.

If you are riding solo and flying thru the straights only to grab a fistful of brake at the curve you are going to crash period.

Riding with an experienced group on the street and a good control rider on the track prevents you from blowing a corner. Any retard can hop on a bike and go full throttle in a straight line, maturity and skills happen at the curve. Work on smoothness by not accelerating in the straights and not slowing in the curves. You've accomplished something when you can head out for the day and set the bike at speed and maintain that speed thru the corners.

All i remember was Brap! Brap! Brap! And then people saying "dude are you alright!?" :lol:

Nah, i think for the most part i've learned my lesson, or at least have tried too. I'm not saying i'm exactly glad i wrecked, but i'm thankful for what i learned from wrecking. Especially tire pressure! Riding my own ride, pace, etc.

I still have a lot to learn, especially riding sportbikes. And i'll soak up as much info as i can from more experienced riders than me.

• Upvote 1

All i remember was Brap! Brap! Brap! And then people saying "dude are you alright!?" :lol:

Nah, i think for the most part i've learned my lesson, or at least have tried too. I'm not saying i'm exactly glad i wrecked, but i'm thankful for what i learned from wrecking. Especially tire pressure! Riding my own ride, pace, etc.

I still have a lot to learn, especially riding sportbikes. And i'll soak up as much info as i can from more experienced riders than me.

When the hell did you go down?