gunner75's crash thread

Gixxus Christ!

I had the opposite problem - my insurance company kept my insurance on a bike I sold years ago.  Every so often I'd notice and call them to complain and they promised to drop it and refund the payments.  By the time they finally dropped it it had been covered for nearly a year after I sold it. 

At the end they acknowledged a note on my account requesting the insurance be dropped the day I sold the bike - they never did figure out why 5 attempts to drop the insurance never resulted in it being dropped.

She then says that they want to avoid that at all costs, and that the claims investigators would be in contact with me.

dont know you from Adam, glad you're more or less ok.

bikes are cheap, I have the same 'wing' broken off (now encased in a 4x7mm layer of something that startled the MRI guy) I'm 55 its sometimes a problem, maintain your mobility at all costs, do exactly what the therapist says, and push it. 

insurance companies....so many reports on the amount of money they will spend so as NOT to pay out. 

read 8 pages, and now am going to call my insurance company and request a copy of exactly wtf my policy is, and is not, or may, or may not be. 

insurance companies....pfffft... gieco came under fire for those little cars that race out to an accident to give you a check? seems when you deposited the check, that was. end. of. story. Seemed cool at the time, but saved them millions in additional claims. 

Just had a 30 minute conversation with the investigator. I gave him my story including how the online site would not allow me to add collision without a call from a local agent. He did tell me that is how their site is ran and that everything I've told him that I did is 100% inline with how purchasing an online policy is supposed to be handled. He did say that if his conversation with agent goes how I said it should then its looking more like someone on their side dropped the ball

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

i highly recommend growing a fearsome mustache for the battle to come.

lol.

I use State Farm and Have the highest full coverage and its only $35 a month. Progressive wanted $300 a month and I was with them for 4 years. No accidents and no tickets lol. State Farm for the win thanks Matt.

Dude!  I'm glad you didn't get jacked up worse than you did.  Sorry about the bike.

Heal up, take a rest, plan some track days, and get out to ride again.  We can all

learn something from this.  I'm going to concentrate on learning how to properly

take curves, for one thing. 

I think what I am going to do is take the rest of the year off from riding. Heal up, get the financial stuff in order, pay off some bills, save some cash and come back strong next year.

I will still ride but it will be my dads valkyrie.

I was told State farm bases rates on CC's my buddy has state farm and traded in his Busa for Victory Cross Country and his insurance went up $138/yr I traded my zx14 in for Victory Vision and mine went down $263/yr with allstate.

Just spoke with the investigator and he's gone ahead and submitted his findings that the allstate agent was in the wrong that there was human error on their part and that its his recommendation that I be extended the coverages that I stated that I wanted. He also said that by doing so today will get the ball rolling before the holiday and that it should be handled by no later than Wednesday.

• Upvote 1