questions concerning my new exhaust

Mr Anderson

So many questions. I'm buying a Graves motorsports full exhaust on Saturday. Here is link http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-Yamaha-R6-Full-Titanium-WORKS-Exhaust-System-2006-2010.html

I am also buying a kn air filter. Do I need the racing one if I get this dyno tuned and a pcv or bazzaz? OR should I buy the regular one and don't wont to overflow it but I have heard many things about the filter.

Is dyno tuning safe for my engine?

Do I go with Bazzaz or PCV

Bazzaz

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/70/947/21782/27010/PITEM/Bazzaz-Performance-Z-FI-Fuel-Management-System-2012-Yamaha-YZF-R6-Parts.aspx

PCV

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/70/947/18731/27010/PITEM/Dynojet-Power-Commander-V-2012-Yamaha-YZF-R6-Parts.aspx

For a full exhaust system.

Is this safe on my engine with new ecu or does the new exhaust have auto adjust and I only need a pcv or bazzaz and no dyno tune? this is a full exhaust and I do plan on going to the track next year or in the future. I should have everything in next week. Im just not sure what to buy. I just want to get the most out of my money. Its going to be expensive. Once everything is done it should sound and perform great.

Thanks for you help. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

This is for a 2012 Yamaha r6.

Get the regular K&N or BMC filter the race models let in more crap and are made for engines that get rebuilt a lot. Pretty sure the k&n and bmc sites both even say that. Get the tune especially if you are trying for better power. I've always gone with power commander just make sure that if you get the pcv it controls all the injectors on your bike. I'm not sure if your bike has secondary injectors or not. Go to DTM Brian for the tune.

Get the regular K&N or BMC filter the race models let in more crap and are made for engines that get rebuilt a lot. Pretty sure the k&n and bmc sites both even say that. Get the tune especially if you are trying for better power. I've always gone with power commander just make sure that if you get the pcv it controls all the injectors on your bike. I'm not sure if your bike has secondary injectors or not. Go to DTM Brian for the tune.

From what I was reading Bazzaz controls all 8 fuel injectors right out of the box. It does not have auto tune like pcv. Also if I get pcv what version do I need for all 8 and it looks like it comes with auto tune. I am going to DTM Brian for the tune.

The regular kn air filter is the better choice. Just wanted to make sure. Will it also add more power?

Track time is the best bang for your buck. Consider getting a rear shock and forks setup at a min, upgraded if you've got the dough.

I wish but right now this will cost a lot for me and I just bought this r6. Maybe next year.

This is what it sounds like on a 2010 r6 with pcv and kn air filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkADv1q1isQ

I'm thinking that is what it will sound like and once its dyno tuned should run great.

Edited by Mr Anderson

Full system, pc5, and an internet connection should be all you'd need. Most exhaust suppliers offer map downloads to preprogram the pc for your bike. Not saying dont take it to DTMBrian, ultimately he can isolate any lean/rich conditions and remap for those to perfection for the best possible tune.....but if you need to keep things on the cheap you can install the exhaust, plug in the pc5 to a laptop and dump Graves maps for your yr/make/model right in.

HP gains probably be in the 10-15ish range maybe? Will definitely notice more pull and much better exhaust tone. Good choice, Graves is nice equip!

Also, if you dont plan to track/race the bike.....not really any need for additional mapping controls once the pc is programmed. I have a pc3 with 3 different Brocks maps but only use one. I mean if I run the mile or dragstrip, sure it's nice to have the drag map....but for street riding and trackdays, the street map performs perfectly.

Edited by Hellmutt

From what I was reading Bazzaz controls all 8 fuel injectors right out of the box. It does not have auto tune like pcv. Also if I get pcv what version do I need for all 8 and it looks like it comes with auto tune. I am going to DTM Brian for the tune.

The regular kn air filter is the better choice. Just wanted to make sure. Will it also add more power?

I don't know which pc or bazzaz you should get. I just know that if it only has control over 4 injectors and your bike has 8 it doesn't get as good of a tune as it can. Also the auto tune is not as good as a custom tune in my opinion because they are set to be on the safe side for your engine leaving a little room for error. But a custom tune will put your bike spot on. The best reason to get an autotune would be if you change it a lot or change elevations frequently. I would have a pcV on my bike but my ecu is programmable so its cheaper to get the tune on that it just takes more time. The standard bmc or k&n filter give you more power than stock and are a safer option for the bike to last. Some people spend the extra money on the race filters and have no problem but they do allow more dirt thru and can eventually cause the engine power to drop. To me the extra price is not worth the small hp gain you get with the race filter over the regular k&n + bmc filters.

Twisted will guide you in the right direction, dont know him personally but I do know he spends a lot of time with his. Also I would make sure you have that bike broken in before modding.

Get the bazzaz. I had a PC and sold it for the Bazzaz+QS box. (Bought from Rider's Discount). It makes tuning our bikes a LOT easier since DTMBrian can control all the injectors and really speeds up the process. Brian also prefers the Bazzaz due to this, but can get the tune done with a PC. As far as Air Filter...it's your choice, but I preference on the BMC for my bike.

Another issue with the R6 is the emissions ECU without unlocking it. You ideally need to sent it for an ECU

flash.