My season may be over before it starts

RVTPilot

So last night I am out with the wife, kids, and seriously a dozen of my closest cousins at the Indians' game. Great night, dollar dogs, fireworks, and it climaxes with Jason Kipnis hitting a walk-off 3-run shot in the bottom of the 11th. We are hooting and hollering it up when my 260 lbs-plus cousin comes down to chest bump me and leaves his feet in doing so. Well, my left leg was kind of doing its job of helping support my body when it shifts and shreds. Felt a shearing pop then pain worse then when I tore the meniscus back in '97.

picture.php?albumid=348&pictureid=17552

And race school is in two fucking weeks!:mad:

I'll speak with my ortho who did my microfracture on this same knee in '08 on Monday, and hope to get an MRI ASAP. Best case is just another torn meniscus, so another scope, down 4-6 weeks, race school towards mid to end of season. Worst...MCL, down 4-6 months, race school in '14. Which will suck puss infected moose cock.

But I will make it out to support my bros! You can book that!

Thanks for all the love and support gang. I am just preparing for the worst, hoping for the best. Hellmutt, I am thankfully not out the cost of school, so that is a plus. Regardless, my efforts right now (until I know more) is to work as hard as I can to get school in at some point this year, and be ready to race from Round 1 next season. Anything beyond that is gravy and a blessing. Not downhearted though. Life happens and you live it as it comes. Plus I will be a hobbling pit bitch and live vicariously through my bros.

• Upvote 2

Yeah your done for tye season, I'm more then willing to step in and ride the bike for the season for ya though

Is Moto Series turning into Nascar? Doesn't matter who's riding the bike as long as it goes around the track you get points?

Walk it off.

No really, this sucks.

I know Craig was joking, but seriously, it sounds like you've got your head on straight, and will get a proper diagnosis before making any decisions.

My take?

If shit's torn, it ain't getting any worse... If you can play through the pain, go for it. I had some serious shit wrong with my left knee after a skiing injury in February. I have since done serious training for a Tough Mudder, and am racing OMRL... I have a partial tear that will require surgery, so I'm basically holding out until it pops...

"if you're gonna hit, hit hard."

Hope not man, but more than anything do what you are told. The knee especially is not something to mess around with and not let heal correctly. Knee replacements are not fun either, granted after the pain and healing is done they are, but that's something that if you let yours heal now, you may not need later.

Best of luck.

I know Craig was joking, but seriously, it sounds like you've got your head on straight, and will get a proper diagnosis before making any decisions.

My take?

If shit's torn, it ain't getting any worse... If you can play through the pain, go for it. I had some serious shit wrong with my left knee after a skiing injury in February. I have since done serious training for a Tough Mudder, and am racing OMRL... I have a partial tear that will require surgery, so I'm basically holding out until it pops...

"if you're gonna hit, hit hard."

Right now (~48 hrs later) the pain is still significant. I have Vicodin, but I am taking that only to deal with the in-laws. The swelling has begun to subside, and I have been icing it as prescribed. My biggest concern isn't actually if the MCL is torn, but that the scar tissue "cartilage" from my microfracture might be damaged. I am not sure if they can re-do that procedure if it is, and if so, that was a loooong rehab process. But I am not going to even speculate or get to high or low until the doc has diagnosed it. He's a good surgeon and I trust him.

Got clearance from the office to work from home this week - as long as needed really. We have plenty of project work that I can do via VPN so I am not going to have to burn unnecessary amounts of PTO. So things are good. I was going to wait until I officially passed race school to put my number plates on, but I think I am going to mount them and use that sight as my motivation to do whatever it takes to get back to on-the-bike shape.

Thanks again for the support gang!:cheers:

Whatever you do.... don't drink beer/liquor on Friday night and chew the Vicodin. Trust me, don't do that. Then sleep for 12 hours straight and wake up feeling amazing. Then do it again Saturday night. Don't do that.

Heal up man, if you want to sponsor me for the season I can ride your bike, burn your tires, and your fuel. I will even drive myself to the events, just make sure you bring the bike and all your stuff so I can use it.

Whatever you do.... don't drink beer/liquor on Friday night and chew the Vicodin. Trust me, don't do that. Then sleep for 12 hours straight and wake up feeling amazing. Then do it again Saturday night. Don't do that.

Heal up man, if you want to sponsor me for the season I can ride your bike, burn your tires, and your fuel. I will even drive myself to the events, just make sure you bring the bike and all your stuff so I can use it.

You are truly a selfless man, and I am indeed fortunate to call you a friend. I will give your offer some serious consideration.

After some serious consideration, I regretfully decline.

I am off to see the doc this afternoon. I plan to find good things from him and get this fixed, licked, and in the rear view mirror.