Question on New Gloves

mello dude

I am terrible about fit on gloves and boots. Anyhoo I went against my normal rule of only buying what I try on first and bought a pair of new Teknic Lightning gloves online.

- I like them, but damn they are stiff and some of the seams kinda cut into my fingers.

What is a normal time for break in for sport type gloves?

(I am debating about sending them back)

thanks!

:cool:

Rule #2: Always follow rule # 1, and you will be much more likely to wear the gear. ATGATT.

I don't like to buy certain items over the internet, like gloves and helmets. They all fit a little different, and it is better that you get the best product for your comfort.

I bought my favorite gloves five years ago over the 'net. Cortech Adrenaline which they have since "upgraded" (i.e., new version at double the price.) I sent the first pair back because they were too small (L). Second pair (XL) was great.

I'm not afraid of web buying but if you find something you like, order two.

edit: break in should be a couple months, depending on your hands. I have a wide palm so it takes a while for me. I like gloves that feel tight at first and loosen. Overly loose gloves make my hands tired for some reason.

Edited by DAC

I generally like Teknics gear and north of 100 bucks, I think they would go in the "good gear" column. The fingers have external seams, but the thumb seams are internal and on the forefinger there is an internal seam on the thumb side from about the first knuckle down the side of the glove. Dont like those.

Ok so who makes a totally external seam glove?

Anybody make custom gloves anymore?

(And yes, ATGATT)

Edited by mello dude