Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

Looks like you are sending an invalid helo/ehelo on the emails.

Received: from unknown0015600eb946.localdomain (ohioriders.net. [99.26.231.164])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g7si15463634igq.69.2013.05.29.13.54.37

That unknown0015600eb946.localdomain should be your real domain, actually it should be the fqdn of your mail server but you can use just the domain. And it should match the DNS of the sending IP. Those of us that are email nazi's call it fully circular DNS.

So based on your current DNS your server should helo/ehelo with:   ohioriders.net

That comes from 99.26.231.164 which correctly has ohioriders.net for rDNS. It all fits together, passes the spam checks that many places do.  AOL and a few cable companies will reject your email for this infraction.    

Looks like you are sending an invalid helo/ehelo on the emails.

Received: from unknown0015600eb946.localdomain (ohioriders.net. [99.26.231.164])

by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g7si15463634igq.69.2013.05.29.13.54.37

That unknown0015600eb946.localdomain should be your real domain, actually it should be the fqdn of your mail server but you can use just the domain. And it should match the DNS of the sending IP. Those of us that are email nazi's call it fully circular DNS.

So based on your current DNS your server should helo/ehelo with:   ohioriders.net

That comes from 99.26.231.164 which correctly has ohioriders.net for rDNS. It all fits together, passes the spam checks that many places do.  AOL and a few cable companies will reject your email for this infraction.    

Ah, thanks for reminding me. The previous server was web1.ohioriders.net. This one is web2.ohioriders.net. Is that acceptable? Or does it really need to be ohioriders.net? It was already set in /etc/sysconfig/network, but I haven't rebooted and forgot to set it on the cli. It's set now. 

• Upvote 1

Ah, thanks for reminding me. The previous server was web1.ohioriders.net. This one is web2.ohioriders.net. Is that acceptable? Or does it really need to be ohioriders.net? It was already set in /etc/sysconfig/network, but I haven't rebooted and forgot to set it on the cli. It's set now. 

It can be anything you want. But what it should do is match the reverse dns for 99.26.231.164, which currently is 'ohioriders.net'.  If you can easily change the rdns for that IP...which I would think your ISP would do for you in a heartbeat....you should make them match.  Don't confuse this for your A records for www.ohioriders.net...we are only concerned what the rDNS for the IP address is.  So you could change that to web2.ohioriders.net and not break anything.

works great on safari on mine.  is dolphin better for security or something?

Yes it is. You see, it doesn't let you post anything anywhere. Therefore you never accidentally give away important information.

• Upvote 2