What To Listen To?

20thGix

I need something new to listen to at work today. The same old shit is just, well....getting old. Lets go with "new-ish" female vocalist. Ive done burned up Amy Lee from Evanescence,  so if you know of a band with a kickass singer like Evenescence i will give it a go.

god damnit Halestorm and In This Moment were my first 2 ideas as well. Another obvious is Paramore but that might be too poppy, I'm talking first 2 albums the rest were shit. 

I'm not real big on female rock vocalists unless they are REALLY good. There is one band that is completely obscure that I listened to back in the day and I can't recall the name of course. I'm sure I have them somewhere in my Itunes but don't feel like searching through 15,000 songs right now. They were on a Burnout racing game soundtrack too

• Upvote 1

checked out some others that were mentioned above but mostly listened to all of In This Moment's albums. A couple of them twice. Tomorow will be a new day and would like some other obscure stuff to listen to. I will see what im in the mood for then. Thanks for the sugestions.

I should be bored at work again so I'll see if I can come up with any obscure shit then too. This thread was great as it got me listening to some good shit from my high school and college days when music was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than it is now

• Upvote 1

I should be bored at work again so I'll see if I can come up with any obscure shit then too. This thread was great as it got me listening to some good shit from my high school and college days when music was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than it is now

I'd rep you if I knew how.

No one has recommended any of that gay techno shit yet? Wow.

Benatar. That's all I can think of at the moment as I don't listen to any dirtball rock. :D

Yeah... Benatar,  the Wilson sisters and what have you are good but played out.  Everytime you turn on a classic rock staion you get them, Zepplin and Pink Floyd. Well maybe not so much Pat Benatar but you get the point.  If i ever hear a Floyd song again it will be too soon. 

• Downvote 1

Yeah... Benatar, the Wilson sisters and what have you are good but played out. Everytime you turn on a classic rock staion you get them, Zepplin and Pink Floyd. Well maybe not so much Pat Benatar but you get the point. If i ever hear a Floyd song again it will be too soon.

Symbolic negative rep to you (can't figure out the real shit). Floyd defined my teen years, of which I have no recollection.

Symbolic negative rep to you (can't figure out the real shit). Floyd defined my teen years, of which I have no recollection.

I dont disslike them. But when the radio plays the same few songs 4-5 times an hour you get tired of hearing it.

I dont disslike them. But when the radio plays the same few songs 4-5 times an hour you get tired of hearing it.

True, very true.

Brian.... Not sure if mobile rep is the same. Don't see green/red

Edited by C-bus