Could Have Killed A Rider Yesterday...

JohnG

What the hell is wrong with people lately?  Driving like idiots is expected but worse than usual recently, and now some fool on a Harley almost commits suicide on my front bumper last night?

Was heading to friends in Pickerington with the wife and kid yesterday around 6 pm, coming down 270 to the 70 east split.  Had the cruise set to 71, was in the third from the right lane, passing two guys on Harleys who were in the second from the right lane who were spaced about 20 yards.  Passed the first bike, nice paint - ape hangers - no gear of course.  Coming up on the next bike I'm noticing it's a pretty ratty looking ride.  One of the saddle bags is waving around a little and I'm wondering if there's a problem with it so I'm checking it out as we approach.  This probably saved the fucker's life as I'm already locked in on his bike.  Just as my front bumper evens up with his back tire, he must have decided that he wants to get into the bypass lanes instead of going thru the 70 e/w split and begins an abrupt lane change in my direction.  I nail the brakes and swerve left, he nails the brakes and gets squirrelly swerving back to his right, wifey screams... 

I check my speed after I'm sure he's not going to crash and I'm not going to hit him and we're down to 50.  He's back in his lane so I'm back on the gas to pass and get away from him.  Shoot a look as we're going by and he won't even look over.  He knew he fucked up.  I'm sure he didn't glance over his shoulder to check his blind spot cause he had no windscreen and turning his head would have probably blown his raybans off his face.  Wow...  I think the only thing I could say the rest of the way to our friends house was "stupid fucker" over and over.

:nono:

Biker's that wear no gear may as well take the mirrors off their bikes too, since apparently he wasn't using his brain nor his rearviews :nono:

Some folks just don't get it, but sounds like he'll definitely "get it" someday

You interrupted nature's course of natural selection. Now he will continue to infect the world with his substandard seed. 

However, kudos to you for paying attention and your quick reaction to what certainly would have been an unfortunate situation for your family to see. At least the guy could have had the balls to acknowledge he stepped on his dick in front of you. 

• Upvote 2

You interrupted nature's course of natural selection. Now he will continue to infect the world with his substandard seed.

lol.... didn't think of it that way.

:lol: I had a run in with a guy on a shaft drive cruiser last week. I just don't understand

Washington @ 718 is real bad. I could get one a day there. I don't understand peoples need to jump out in front of a car and go slow.

I don't understand peoples need to jump out in front of a car and go slow.

I don't either.  They either believe that once they're in front of you and you asspack 'em, repairs are on your wallet/insurance.   Or they just don't care.   Or they're completely brainless waterheads that have the depth perception of Helen Keller

• Upvote 1

You need louder pipes on your car (or truck).............

edit: I bet he didn't fracken signal either. Hand signals work.

oh no, there was no signal. like I said, the only thing that saved his ass is the fact I was already looking at him because of that saddle bag. I had my cruise control on but I usually cover my brake when my asshole sense starts tingling. ;-)

btw, the last time I saw a flapping saddle bag on a beater Harley...

I pulled up along side in my Jeep and pointed at it and tried to communicate, on the freeway.

He reached back quick and pulled out a hatchet and waved it at me and yelled something.

I laughed at him... he was a funny guy.

I don't either.  They either believe that once they're in front of you and you asspack 'em, repairs are on your wallet/insurance.   Or they just don't care.   Or they're completely brainless waterheads that have the depth perception of Helen Keller

I work in the hood and see that shit every day.  My last day is this Friday, I can't wait.  I won't have to put up with that quite so much any longer!

I pulled up along side in my Jeep and pointed at it and tried to communicate, on the freeway.

He reached back quick and pulled out a hatchet and waved it at me and yelled something.

ah, classic harley bagger, they weight those side thingies down so they dont flap

let me translate:

he was trying to tell you that he had miscalculated the amount of ballast needed, and while grateful for your concerns and attempt at being helpful, he was aware of the slight lifting of his leather container device, and was going to remedy that upon successful return to his domicile. 

Was he saying "smash, smash, suh-mash!"?

Glad your family didn't have to see, what could have been a tragedy.

A sport biker was going about 100mph weaving in and out of traffic this weekend in our travels.  Idiots galore!

ah, classic harley bagger, they weight those side thingies down so they dont flap

let me translate:

he was trying to tell you that he had miscalculated the amount of ballast needed, and while grateful for your concerns and attempt at being helpful, he was aware of the slight lifting of his leather container device, and was going to remedy that upon successful return to his domicile.

lol