Sr60 Closing, And Other Route Info Here.

Unk Greg

Monday SR60 will be closed for bridge work at Blissfield. For you tourists, that's between Killbuck (USR62) and Warsaw, well Riverview High School. This section of SR60 has has patching done, sorta full lane, leaving the old center line paint showing. The unofficial way around this is my fave CR(s)....from Killbuck side, run SR60 to Layland, and take CR19 up the hill to Spring Mtn and grab CR22 down the other side to Warsaw. Be sure to pipe the house with the deck on it in Layland, it'll aggravate him....I'll get blamed for it anyway.

Other things: Speaking of patching, SR83 from Clark, south to Coshocton, has strip patching being done. I hope it is a re-profiling attempt of the road, before resurfacing. My fear is that it will only be wheel rut patch and leave you the choice of center line rode or stay on patches.

USR62 still closed, see the other string, and add in that USR62 at SR520, has another bridge being worked on. They are maintaining traffic with traffic signal and one lane.

SR39, will be chipped and sealed from the Ashland Co. line over to SR179. That'll screw things up for bikes.

• Upvote 1

It gets worse....noticed a detour sign up this AM for SR520! Bringing detour thru scenic Killbuck and north on 60.... Presumedly out on SR39 and West from there.

Maybe good news re: SR60 closing at Blissfield. No it is still closed, but while out and about I noticed at the North end .... They are running you West on USR62 and then using SR206 to take you south. Another ride I noticed at the bottom end the detour was using a portion of SR541 and taking you to SR79 and back towards Nellie (Warsaw). Hmmm? Maybe the official detour.for SR60 may be more gooder.

No idea what's up on the SR520 posting. Hafta check that out in daylight.

Meanwhile .... I still hate FOG!

thx littlecarb, was planning on heading that way, but looks confusing as hell :( might as well avoid it for the time being

Don't be scared...lotsa back roads that are fun.....

And back roads...closing of....SR520 .... is a culvert replacement near SR514, so CR's to get ya to 514, tour anyone? County highway dept jack hammered the rock face away that you could click yer helmet on if ya leaned too much....still a nice road! Smiles

I'm back. A quick road check. Here it is: 6 miles out of Killbuck heading to Glenmont and they are working on a bridge, by Briar Hill Stone company. So, you can take County Rd. 51 north to SR39 and west on 39 to CR52. CR52 is in Nashville and right next to the ill' pizza shop. Left onto CR52 and South Glenmont. You'll come out in town. Already local citizen has posted a reminder of town speed limit. Pipe 'em to tick them off. Good pavement, not State Route nice, but good. Only one place just down from Nashville on 52 is a short bridge that's bumpy....if you are inadvertently on the throttle, you fly over the bumpy part....straight enough there for good landing. If ya like 520... You can use most of it and like Motoclista said somewhere, "the detour may be more interesting", well he said something like that. The CR's are like a tighter SR520.

Who needs Deal's Gap?

Okay....yet another bridge. Tried posting last weekend...see if it takes now. SR60 again, this bridge is just outside of Warsaw and closes 60 about a mile south of Warsaw. So from Tunnel Hill (541) to Warsaw ya have a problem.

On SR661, bridge work closed Granville Rd. just as you get into Mt. Vernon. 661 actually turns at industrial park and connects with SR13.

Only really messes up folks coming north to the Annual WACO aircraft reunion, next weekend (6/27 to 6/30)

JEEZ....here's a surprise, a section of SR60 is closed. This one north of Loudonville but closed closer to Hayesville. You do get to use SR179 to SR95, so not too awful. AND daylight from 5AM to almost 10PM....that way you can see the deer before they dart out in front of you.

• 1 month later...

520 was closed yesterday. Most of 60 and 62 seemed to be fine. 206 was open as well.  715 is closed and boy is that just crazy. I'll create another thread about that later today and add pictures. The pictures are amazing. Never seen anything like it.  "High Water" may be the greatest understatement I've ever seen.

Mary

520 was closed yesterday. Most of 60 and 62 seemed to be fine. 206 was open as well. 715 is closed and boy is that just crazy. I'll create another thread about that later today and add pictures. The pictures are amazing. Never seen anything like it. "High Water" may be the greatest understatement I've ever seen.

Mary

Whole thing closed or just the bridge east of Glenmont? (for 520 that is.)

Edited by DAC

520 was closed yesterday. Most of 60 and 62 seemed to be fine. 206 was open as well.  715 is closed and boy is that just crazy. I'll create another thread about that later today and add pictures. The pictures are amazing. Never seen anything like it.  "High Water" may be the greatest understatement I've ever seen.

Mary

I'd like to see those pictures.  We rode through there last week and it looked like the water was over some of the bridges down there....and in some places like it was an inland lake.  It was really strange to see trees a mile away from the river halfway covered in river mud.

Sorry forgot to post the picture of 715.

Here's a link to all pictures.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109838090794825925836/albums/5911620876196431009?gpinv=AMIXal-zUodj09IaIdI2YE9uE1-BVZOKiTjL2n5wfImi19hwDrcFOdJJ8XAhg6Sbl85wbfBt1FZSwd97M6FuJpKbjMkAPqa_kbjyeWqp0XyKWuaEgWnRhtA&cfem=1

This is one of the bridges completely blocked.  The water below had to have been 15 feet so I can't imagine how much water was in the area.  In the other photos, check out the mud line on the trees.

IMG_5640.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy folks....haven' t been able to get on since mid-June. To catch y'all up and confirm. 520 is open. SR60 both bridges south of me are done...rode 60 north from Loudonville to Ashland also open.

USR62 is closed once again near Danville. Two bumpy ways around it. Most bumpy and gravel-like, as pavement is toast. Shortest. Directions coming from Killbuck and to the barricades at Danville turn right onto Body Rd...terrible shape....to stop sign and left onto Black Rd. and back onto USR62.

The other way is the traditional Danville by-pass of a sorts. Before you get to bridge signs, road at left, forget the nam, itz by and before Hesston Equipment....orange tractor sales bldg. Look for bicycle/trail signs....take it thru back neighborhood and worm your way out to "Hangout" ( good burgers and half price on Tues.). Okay, for this left from USR62 as you were heading to Danville from Killbuck, left at orange bldg, and follow road. Stop sign and go straight and curves left by grain elevator. Stop sign and go right. Next stop is the main drag of Danville and USR62.

See ya in a few months....when I can get back on.

SR715 is a nice dusty brown, and eventually dirt/dust will be rode away.