The Best Part Of Vfrs

mello dude

Yopu mad bro? but do explain lol

hell yes I'm mad! When they announced they were going to go to the 1200 I was pretty much leaning of selling mine and going with a 1200 until the pictures came out. My biggest gripes are its looks and its comfort level. It has a much more sport oriented seating position that makes it less comfortable as well as the gas tank being very tall making it feel awkward to me at least. The CoG seems higher and thus makes it feel even more top heavy than the 800 is. Did I mention its ugly? I know a lot of people don't think the 800 is appealing though I think the styling is great and they totally ruined it on the 1200. There were a few other technical items that I'm seemingly forgetting that I hated about it

Edited by Bad324

a high center of gravity isn't the worst thing in the world.

Ever tried to balance a bat upright on your palm?  It's MUCH easier to do so with the heavy end up than with the handle up.  Obviously that's not a perfect analogy for how a motorcycle handles, but a center of gravity that is "too" high is easier to ride than one that is too low.  Too low makes the bike very difficult to turn.  That was actually a major problem on motoGP bikes at one point.  The engineers were applying car geometry (where lower CoG is better) to a motorcycle chassis.  The effects on the bike were disastrous. 

Edited by redkow97

hell yes I'm mad! When they announced they were going to go to the 1200 I was pretty much leaning of selling mine and going with a 1200 until the pictures came out. My biggest gripes are its looks and its comfort level. It has a much more sport oriented seating position that makes it less comfortable as well as the gas tank being very tall making it feel awkward to me at least. The CoG seems higher and thus makes it feel even more top heavy than the 800 is. Did I mention its ugly? I know a lot of people don't think the 800 is appealing though I think the styling is great and they totally ruined it on the 1200. There were a few other technical items that I'm seemingly forgetting that I hated about it

It's also heavy in general (~590 lbs.) and has a smaller tank and so a shorter range. VFR riders wanted a LIGHTER bike and maybe more power. Styling is an "eye-of-the-beholder" thing. If the fan base got a lightweight, more powerful bike, they'd forgive some ugly.

Edited by DAC

naa

The 1200 looks like Honda use a refrigerator for insperation on styling.

naaa id put wheels on my fridg & ride that before i bought  a "7th" gen

Edited by Big3