Ofeeshal Deals Gap Picture Thread

max power

I vote we look into other options for lodging, Fontana is cool but I feel things weren't the greatest this year, with AC, cable, fridge, keys, and a few other issues we had this year. Just seems like the place is going to shit, plus we watched and after MT checked out the so called maid service literally spent 5 min in their cabin to clean and prep for the next visitors. There is no way they cleaned it properly. When I went to the lodge Saturday to pay for my part I mentioned about our AC not working all weekend and all I got was "ok we will make a note".

Edited by 2talltim

so do you all still think Pauly was trolling when he called it a shit hole?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the setup of the area and what not but I knew it was a crappy place to stay for the $. The convenience of a few things made me indifferent with staying there. I'm fairly certain though I won't be staying there anymore though

• Downvote 1

I vote we look into other options for lodging, Fontana is cool but I feel things weren't the greatest this year, with AC, cable, fridge, keys, and a few other issues we had this year. Just seems like the place is going to shit, plus we watched and after MT checked out the so called maid service literally spent 5 min in their cabin to clean and prep for the next visitors. There is no way they cleaned it properly. When I went to the lodge Saturday to pay for my part I mentioned about our AC not working all weekend and all I got was "ok we will make a note".

Interesting...I thought it was decent. The firepit area was really nice and the lodge had great wif-fi. My cabin felt clean except for the random any sightings.

After MT, there's probably no "cleaning up" that's going to be sufficient enough :lol:

I got the story on the place when I was there from PJ (PJ's Parts). He said it was originally the camp for the dam workers. The people who own it now are supposedly very well off and the husband bought it for the wife as a pet project. They don't actually own the land though, the have a 50 year lease on it. There was more to the story but my judgment may have been impaired when I heard it. :D

Edited by ScubaCinci

After only 3 consecutive years there, the place has gotten noticeably shittier along with the service. The maintenance on the cabins has gone to shit. Everyone on the hill seemed to have had some sort of issue that wasn't dealt with by Cletus the maintenance man.

They just don't seem to appreciate our business. I say we find a new place.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

After only 3 consecutive years there, the place has gotten noticeably shittier along with the service. The maintenance on the cabins has gone to shit. Everyone on the hill seemed to have had some sort of issue that wasn't dealt with by Cletus the maintenance man.

They just don't seem to appreciate our business. I say we find a new place.

When I was in the lodge Sunday morning before I left, some lady was ripping the manager a new one about the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the room, and all the shit that didn't work right. I remember her saying something about it was so bad, she had to put shoes on from the bed to the bathroom because the floor was so dirty. :lol:

pick a place that's close to the fun roads and won't give us aids and is cheap and i'm happy.  proximity to strip club is a plus since i abstained this year and will be looking to go for sure next time.

When I used to go down in the cage we stayed at the Pisgah Inn which is nice but not so close to the dragon (out off of the BRP). The motorcycle motel at the end of the dragon is a no frills shithole but it was always clean when we stayed there. They have very limited capacity too. I've never stayed anywhere else in that area.

, plus we watched and after MT checked out the so called maid service literally spent 5 min in their cabin to clean and prep for the next visitors. There is no way they cleaned it properly.

After MT, there's probably no "cleaning up" that's going to be sufficient enough :D

What are you guys trying to say ??? :(

Our women really did clean up the place before we left.

But yea, there's a lot of DNA left in every room and the back deck. So 5 mins was prolly not enough :lol:

• Upvote 1