Where Do You Wash Your Bike???

Cdubyah

If you have an underground garage and no wash bay, ask the manager. If not, I like the direct approach by asking to pay a few bucks for water a month, by doing that alone, he/she may just tell you to be discreet and use it when you need it, don't leave a mess and don't tell anyone else. Most car washes don't like you using anything other than whats there to wash a vehicle, meaning a rag or towel to wash a vehicle, but if you are buying a little time they usually look the other way.

How do you keep the chrome shiny for bike nights and bar hopping?

LOL..Most of my bikes don't have a ton of chrome but the Ice Detailer works on chrome too. Its really an all purpose cleaner wax. It works on windscreens, plastics, paint, chrome, mirrors, seats etc... A bottle is about $10. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

I use some sort of spray on motorcycle polish and a micro-fiber towel to wash/wax mine when it needs a wipe down.  

I've recently bought some Turtle Wax stuff that works with just a bucket of water but I'm gonna try it out on my Porsche first before the Duc.  

I use some sort of spray on motorcycle polish and a micro-fiber towel to wash/wax mine when it needs a wipe down.  

I've recently bought some Turtle Wax stuff that works with just a bucket of water but I'm gonna try it out on my Porsche first before the Duc.

you got a boxster or 911?

That's one of the generations that turned into the boxster/cayman I think

The model evolved into the 968 but I can't say where Porsche took the platform after that version.  

When I lived in an apartment I made trips with a bucket of water. First trip to soak the bike, return to sink and fill with water and soap, wash the bike then pour out soapy dirty water, fill bucket and rinse. Then dry with a chamois.

I've only used bucket/soap/water once each spring on my bike in the 4+yrs I've owned it. I'd rather rinse away any dust/debris from sitting all winter than wipe it off the bike. Then during riding season I use a light bug/tar spray for the stubborn insect guts and grime on the leading edges of the bike, kerosene or WD for buildup on the swingarm/wheels, and a spray detailer/wax to finish all the painted surfaces. Keeps our bikes looking clean all season with little effort after the initial spring cleaning.

There's a spray bay a few hundred yards from home I use for rinsing off. Pretty low pressure, but perfect for a motorcycle. Afterwards I ride home and use my air compressor to blow off remaining water. Then I use a cleaner/polish that a friend put me onto.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_1770050-P_x_x?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-enhancedRM-_-1770050&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1770050&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&gclid=CP_92Mih3rcCFZFcMgodEn8AkA#utm_source=acq&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=enhancedrm&utm_content=1770050

Cuts the bugs and chain lube right off.