Heat Issue With Boots

2talltim

I test rode pokeys Connie today and on that bike the exhaust runs directly under the right foot peg . What I noticed was when I was getting on it a bit an extreme amount of heat was coming through my boot heel and I could feel on the bottom of my foot it was rather hot . My boots are Joe Rocket Big Bangs, they pretty much have about a half inch solid rubber sole to them maybe I need to look into a different type. Has anybody else came across this issue either with these boots or similar type of bike?

Heat Is A Not Uncommon Complaint On The 08 & 09 ConcoUrs. There Are Some Aftermarket Foam Heat Shields Sold On Ebay That Can CuRe The Issue. I Came From Riding A Cruiser, So I Don't Notice The Heat. The Fairings Were Revised In 2010 To Resolve This Issue. (Sorry For The Cap Letters, Not Sure What The Issue Is With This Stupid Phone).

Heat Is A Not Uncommon Complaint On The 08 & 09 ConcoUrs. There Are Some Aftermarket Foam Heat Shields Sold On Ebay That Can CuRe The Issue. I Came From Riding A Cruiser, So I Don't Notice The Heat. The Fairings Were Revised In 2010 To Resolve This Issue. (Sorry For The Cap Letters, Not Sure What The Issue Is With This Stupid Phone).

I expected the heat from the engine just not from below my heel. Ill suffer before I wrap it I think that would look terrible. Yea and pokey told me about the inserts

Pull the pipe and send it out to be ceramic coated inside and out. I did that on mine, cuts the heat down dramatically. They will do just about any color you want, but if it is covered and unseen there is a flat black that is the most heat resistant with a longer life...go for it.

I have never noticed the heat you speak of at my right boot area, of course riding and owning it for 4 years tends to get you used to things. I can tell you without a doubt that less heat is noticeable with the Area P can and midpipe than the bazooka OEM system. The foam inserts really do help from what I hear concerning overall heat, but can't say much about the foot heat you felt. I can tell ya that the heat sure feels good at certain times of the year though.  :D 

I also heard that switching to a new full exhaust system helps. It gets rid of the catalytic converters. It also gives a nice boost of a few extra HP.

The cat is the main culprit me thinks.......

I think it's my boots those things have no cushion and are solid black rubber. I'll try to ride it with my work boots and see if there is a difference. If so is an excuse to go shopping;)