New Steed In The Stable

2talltim

Most of my bubbys already know this but I thought id make a thread about it for the little people. :dumb: During and after the gap trip I was less than thrilled with the time I had on the Vee down there. It ran and handled great but it just lacked a little excitement for me. So when I posted that up on the gap thread about maybe getting rid of it for something else Pokey chimed in about a possible trade. So long story shorter we worked out a deal on trading his 08 Concours 14 for my 06 Vstrom 1000, and we both could not be happier.

My thoughts on the Connie...WOW!!!. Shes quick, comfey, handles great, and is SEXY!! in my opinion. I have put 350 mile son her in the last 3 days and so far there is nothing that I hate about it. This is my first non Suzuki and I was apprehensive about getting a Kaw but all those thoughts are now gone...I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!  Riding is exciting again.

So thanks again to Pokey and hope you enjoy the Vee as mush as I love the C14!!!!!!!!

post-13234-0-67045200-1371513363_thumb.j

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

I may have a solution for that. Lemme talk to my father. I'll see how that's coming along.

I was just going to use the O ring trick for short term but if you got the hook up on something let me know. Fyi I can't use the vista style due to the heated grips.

Sweet deal, and good choice. The C14 is definitely my next step towards a new bike. Check into Throttlemeister for a heated grip compliant cruise control. They are pricey, but nice equipment from what I've heard/read/seen

Yup I had a throttlemeister on my TL and it worked great so they are top of the list. But with getting the bike and I already bought a top box for it and Thursday contractors are coming over to start my new sidewalk money will be tight for a bit. once I get caught back up in a month or two ill be buying a few things.

I was just going to use the O ring trick for short term but if you got the hook up on something let me know. Fyi I can't use the vista style due to the heated grips.

Well that could be an issue. The throttle lock he has been working on attaches direct to the throttle tube. I'd have to see a pic of the heated grips to determine if it could work, but there is a chance it could. There could be one major issue, the outside end of the grip has to be trimmed about .375"

ThrottleMeister is worth the wait. It's a first rate setup when done right. And done right is not hard. I'm on my 3rd bike also a Concours 14 and it works good for me.