Ohio Riders at AMAPROSTAR!

NinjaNick

What do you think SATAN?? Let's do it! We can watch the fastest bikes on the freaking planet!:cool:

October 11-12

Fall Nationals

Summit Motorsports Park

Norwalk, Ohio

http://www.amaprostar.com/

AMA Dragbike features 1/4 mile motorcycle drag racing with the quickest motorcycles in the world!

From the 5-Second / 240+ mile-per-hour Supercharged Nitro Burning Top Fuel missiles to the No Wheelie Bar 7 Second / 200 + mile-per-hour Pro Street bikes.

We invite you to witness the awesome display of speed and power at our events. Come and watch, or bring your motorcycle and compete!

040108a.jpg

potw030508.jpg

In The Season opener, Larry McBride reset his own record running a 5.799 in the quarter mile at 235.80 mph. It was an amazing pass to see and he will be one to watch in Atlanta.

National Records

Top Fuel - 5.799 245.36 mph Larry McBride

Funnybike - 6.451 Gary Clark / 213.00 mph Korry Hogan

Pro Modified - 6.618 Charlie Farrar / 205.00 mph Billy Vose

Pro Stock - 6.944 196.27 mph Paul Gast

Pro Street - TURBO - 7.202 Curtis McDougal / 201.40 mph Mike Slowe

Pro Street - NITROUS - 7.989 176.01 mph Mike Claycomb

SuperSport - 8.943 Jeremy Teasley / 161.92 mph Vince Woska

Super Street -7.930 Rickey Gadson / 188.99 mph Victor Gotay

08valdosta_PS_stoffer.jpg

Karen Stoffer made her first AMA Dragbike appearance a worthy one, qualifying number one, winning the event and running the quickest ever EFI Suzuki Pro Stock pass at 6.91 seconds. Look for her at Atlanta along with Steve Johnson and 2007 Champion Darin McCurdy who missed the first race and is eager to defend his championship.

I've never been to the AMA event... which is surprising considering I'm out there every other week or so.

I guess for the part car part motorcycle lovers out there, the Summit Nats (http://summitmotorsportspark.tix.com/schedule.asp?organizationnumber=263&startdate=06/26/2008&enddate=06/29/2008) are a much better show. The top fuel cars are something to see if you've never seen one of those before. If the National Event is a little too rich for your blood, the "Night Under Fire" shows are also pretty good. Norwalk definitely puts on a great show for those.

You want cars, you want INDY US NATIONALS in September. low 4 second Top Fuel and nitro funny cars.

Those same guys come to Norwalk for the Summit Nats Event :???:... only difference is a 1/2 hour drive vs. a 4 and 1/2 hour drive. I've been to Indy, and as nice as that facility is... Norwalk is just as good. Especially since they've paved almost everything on the east side of the track.

Those same guys come to Norwalk for the Summit Nats Event :???:... only difference is a 1/2 hour drive vs. a 4 and 1/2 hour drive. I've been to Indy, and as nice as that facility is... Norwalk is just as good. Especially since they've paved almost everything on the east side of the track.

Only the sportsman series goes to Norwalk now. They stopped the big boys from going there in '05 or something like that because it wasn't long enough for runoff or something like that. www.nhra.com they will tell you the schedules.

Only the sportsman series goes to Norwalk now. They stopped the big boys from going there in '05 or something like that because it wasn't long enough for runoff or something like that. www.nhra.com they will tell you the schedules.

Dude, seriously... where the hell do you get this stuff? :lol: Do you just shit facts? I grew up drag racing, my dad's been doing it for 30+ years in bikes (he used to race a 1979 CBX) and cars (both a '67 Camaro, and now a '79 Monza -- full tube chassis sportsman cars). Hell he was the track champion in the 80's at NRP. You have no idea what you're talking about. The shutdown area in Norwalk is almost 3/4 mile, then you run smack dab into a field, then an airport runway that continues for another good mile before you hit Rt. 10. Trust me, the shutdown area is plenty long, in fact, if you do your homework, it's one of the longer shutdown areas of the tracks around.

The "big boys", e.g. the PROFESSIONAL categories have been running at NRP since I can remember. It just so happens that the track just recently switched to NHRA last year, so they picked up the NHRA professional categories. It used to be the headquarters for the IHRA. They've always run top fuel (except it was IHRA -- which is only dragsters not funny cars), pro stock, pro mod (only recently added as an exhibition class to NHRA)... I don't pretend to know EVERYTHING there is to know about drag racing, but I have been around it since I was old enough to talk.

Not to mention Night Under Fire programs have had NHRA funny car match racing and other "exhibition" passes in the program as well.

Uh oh....get ready Justin....I'm about to shit more facts..........errrrrrrrrrrrr....here we go.........

Force, Capps, Scelzi, Shoemacher, Troxel, Will, and all those peeps have not been racing here in Ohio for awhile now. So suck my dick mothafucka.:p You're wrong! Unless they just signed up again this year. I will find the 2008 schedule for you today. I haven't missed a race for YEARS! Hell I DVR everyone.

I guess getting you to admit your wrong is about as likely as you making a 9s pass on your ZX14. I know DVRing everything gives you much better insight into the sport than my 24 years of attending events. :rolleyes:

You still have no clue what your talking about, and it's sad every time someone has to raise the bullshit flag to all the junk you spew. Although you normally talk bullshit about racing (be it drag or track days), which you obviously have no clue about.

There are numerous sources out there to prove you wrong, but the easiest is google. So, 5 seconds of my time, I typed in "John Force Norwalk" and whooop-diddie-doo... there's a YouTube of Him racing his daughter at Norwalk LAST YEAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_JXHhmgCY

Force has been running match races at Norwalk for YEARS now. In fact they have one of his mustang shells under a tent AT THE TRACK that was a special Norwalk Raceway Park Night of Fire theme.

I also know for a fact, that all those names you've dropped have match raced (if not competed) at Norwalk recently, within the last couple years.

I could go on and on about NHRA and IHRA and national events and how things are run because I've been to both the World Nationals (IHRA - norwalk, moving to Mansfield if Dzurilla ever gets EPA approval to build the track on the Mansfield Motorsports Park grounds) and the Spring Nationals, now called the Summit Nationals, which used to be held at National Trails, then recently moved to Norwalk -- which is why National Trails no longer has a national event... I've been to those for the past 20 years. Not to mention NHRA National events in Atlanta (Commerce,GA if you want to get technical), Indy, Bristol, and even the ones in Canada when those used to be on the circuit.

Bottom line, the pros have been running here, in Ohio, EVERY year since I've been alive. Either at Trails or Norwalk, or both. It just so happens the names you've been dropping are NHRA stars and have only been competing at Norwalk since it became an NHRA track last year. The years before that, they were at Trails EVERY year for the National Event there. But you totally negate the fact that all of those stars have used Norwalk as a test track and to do match racing when it was an IHRA facility.

So give it up, prom date. You're wrong, just admit it. If you would learn from it, instead of getting all defensive about the fact that you don't know dick about racing the world will be a better place.

I'm in. Do they have camping there for the weekend or do we need to get hotels?

And to answer your question Satan. There's normally camping either at the grounds or across the street. Unless you're talking tents, then I dunno. Normally people haul campers, motorhomes / motorcoaches to this stuff. It really depends on the size of the event too. The track staff sometimes only lets racers camp, versus everyone. To be sure you should really call the place and ask -- 419-668-5555

JRMMiii how far is it from lorain to norwalk?

Pretty close actually. About the same as from where I'm at in Elyria -- about 45mins on a slow day.

I don't know if this link will work, but I roughed out the location of the track, I just don't know where you'd be coming from in Lorain.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41.354877&lon=-82.319612&mag=7&q1=Lorain%2C%20OH&q2=41.242936%2C-82.540369

I just now came back on. Yeah, I flipped my lid, sorry. I need to learn to walk away when I get upset. I did though, but too late. I haven't been on here for about 6 hours now because of it. I was out of line. He pissed me off so bad.:nono: