Pondering: Going From Sv650s To R1

silentcropduster

Also, there isn't a "point"... In the end, you should buy whatever you want... Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks... Listen to advice, be open minded, but in the end, it's your bike and your money and you should get whatever you want, even if it's an r1.. Because AMERICA.

Edited by Steve Butters

The street triple is nice.. I doubt he ran 10.5 quarter on it though.. They're not too much faster than your sv in a straight line... 

umm yeah about that.

its a 600cc inline  104 hp

the SV is a 650 twin 74 hp

there is a very noticeable difference in power  :burnout:

• Upvote 1

umm yeah about that.

its a 600cc inline 104 hp

the SV is a 650 twin 74 hp

there is a very noticeable difference in power :burnout:

Original statement stands. I don't believe his 10.5 quarter claim and the street triple isn't a rocket... If op wants to step up to a more powerful bike, the street lacks compared to others listed... Just didn't realize an sv has less hp than a big wheel

I find this thread highly entertaining but feel much dumber for reading thou.

BTW, thou isn't a word. Though is.

FZ1 is a shit bike and won't look cool at Taco Bell on Saturday night. You NEED a 178hp R1. How else are the ladies gonna know how tiny your cock is?

• Upvote 3

*Paid off within a year

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

In mention this becuse no matter how quick you pay it off, loans opened within a year of getting a mortgage can affect your rate. At least that is what I was told by my banker

You don't listen very well. You said you wanted more acceleration in a straight line, so I suggested some options to give you that without being cramped up on an r1 or supersport.

Just because it has 1000ccs doesn't mean it's a supersport... You already ride a naked 600, not sure why you would spend 7k to switch to a different naked 600 that doesn't offer much more power than what you're on.

I listed bikes that fit the criteria you asked for, fast in a straight line, race bike handling, all day comfort... An r1 doesn't fit that mold, that's why it's been turned down

If you posted "I want a super bike that I don't plan to ride for more than an hour at a time"... Then maybe more people would be on board with an r1

Buy whatever floats your boat... Just giving you suggestions

My bike is a 650 v twin, its not naked it has fairings lol

I find this thread highly entertaining but feel much dumber for reading thou.

BTW, thou isn't a word. Though is.

FZ1 is a shit bike and won't look cool at Taco Bell on Saturday night. You NEED a 178hp R1. How else are the ladies gonna know how tiny your cock is?

So your saying that everybody who has an R1 has a tiny pee pee? I'll post a pic of my cock up here right now, its not small and I'm not ashamed lol. My reason for wanting an R1 is bec I thought I found a deal on one & it was faster than my SV and would handle better. I did ride it and it didn't seem hardly any father forward then my SV. But didn't realize how much more of an engine it had over my SV, and the fact that it would be more difficult to ride bec of the power and be a lil impractical.

Edited by silentcropduster

So your saying that everybody who has an R1 has a tiny pee pee? I'll post a pic of my cock up here right now, its not small and I'm not ashamed lol. My reason for wanting an R1 is bec I thought I found a deal on one & it was faster than my SV and would handle better. I did ride it and it didn't seem hardly any father forward then my SV. But didn't realize how much more of an engine it had over my SV, and the fact that it would be more difficult to ride bec of the power and be a lil impractical.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not everyone, just everyone on OR.

It's a 170 horse bike. Don't take it the wrong way, it's a great bike. It handles awesome it's very fast, the Crossplain engine can't be beat. The problem with that is, you're looking for a street bike. Good street bike an R1 does not make. IMO.

FZ1 is a good street bike if you ask me, but so is an SV. YRMV.

fuck I wish I wasn't footing the bill for all these wedding planning deposits. These would be fun cheap options to get into the FZ1 without having to get rid of my VFR

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3921579520.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3897540800.html

• Upvote 1

My bike is a 650 v twin, its not naked it has fairings lol

Same fucking thing. You must be that guy who makes sure everything is always correct and pronounced and spelled right etc... It's not a 600,it's a 650..it's not naked, it has a little plastic nose piece and an optional half fairing on the side.... Whatever dude... Buy whatever you want, done trying to help ya out... I tried to take your side, but it seems like since not everyone jumped on the r1 bandwagon, you're just being douchey... Have fun on whatever you buy. I still vote turbo busa, you may get at least 3yrs out of it before outgrowing it.... Maybe Edited by Steve Butters

for the record, having ridden both and owned one, the sv650 and street triple are VASTLY different in power.

my 998s is still wayyyyyyyyyy better

• Upvote 1

Not everyone, just everyone on OR.

It's a 170 horse bike. Don't take it the wrong way, it's a great bike. It handles awesome it's very fast, the Crossplain engine can't be beat. The problem with that is, you're looking for a street bike. Good street bike an R1 does not make. IMO.

FZ1 is a good street bike if you ask me, but so is an SV. YRMV.

These theads crack me up. I happen to have a crossplane and think it works fine as a street bike. I prefer riding supersports vs standards as I don't like sitting straight up. I've done numerous 400+ mile rides and don't get tired or have back pain afterwards. Everyone is different so let the OP get what he wants. Sounds like he might not be ready for a literbike but based on this thread no one is so who cares. 

i dunno brah, he asked for opinions. wouldn't it be sadder if he posted this thread and all 8 pages were just people saying "I don't care brololol"

I don't remember anyone (certainly not "most" people) telling him NOT to get an R1.  What I saw were a lot of reasons an R1 might not be the best option, and some suggestions for other bikes (or keeping his current bike).

There are a lot of different schools of thought on what makes the best bike.  Depends on how you ride, and what you want from the bike.  The OP's only complaints about the SV650 were lack of power.  That makes the "upgrade" options very broad.  A bigger twin, a VFR, an inline 600 or inline 1000 all fit the bill for "more powerful than an SV."  Any comments about the R1 were based purely on the fact that hte OP has been looking at one that happens to be available.

Same fucking thing. You must be that guy who makes sure everything is always correct and pronounced and spelled right etc... It's not a 600,it's a 650..it's not naked, it has a little plastic nose piece and an optional half fairing on the side.... Whatever dude... Buy whatever you want, done trying to help ya out... I tried to take your side, but it seems like since not everyone jumped on the r1 bandwagon, you're just being douchey... Have fun on whatever you buy. I still vote turbo busa, you may get at least 3yrs out of it before outgrowing it.... Maybe

Your getting all mad over nothing, there's a big difference between a 600cc in line 4 and a 650 v twin, as well as big difference between a naked bike and a fairing bike....thats all I was trying to say, and u act like a baby and get all mad about it, chill the eff out man!

I don't remember anyone (certainly not "most" people) telling him NOT to get an R1.  What I saw were a lot of reasons an R1 might not be the best option, and some suggestions for other bikes (or keeping his current bike).

There are a lot of different schools of thought on what makes the best bike.  Depends on how you ride, and what you want from the bike.  The OP's only complaints about the SV650 were lack of power.  That makes the "upgrade" options very broad.  A bigger twin, a VFR, an inline 600 or inline 1000 all fit the bill for "more powerful than an SV."  Any comments about the R1 were based purely on the fact that hte OP has been looking at one that happens to be available.

I'm half tempted to say fuck it and keep my SV and get a R1, then before next riding season which ever I dont like...get rid of. That wouldnt be very financially savy though.

being financially savy is to buy something thats actually a good deal (not a perceived good deal) with cash. Then if you don't like it you flip it for more than you paid or at least break even

1st you're selling off your guns now you can't buy the bikes you want? What's next? No more Sunday funday?

I could buy it if I reallllllly wanted to but I don't feel like tapping into other savings funds for a bike. Sunday Funday lives!!! (even though she doesn't like football but she enjoys the food and alcohol :D )

Not to mention I already replaced the only gun I've sold so :p

Edited by Bad324

These theads crack me up. I happen to have a crossplane and think it works fine as a street bike. I prefer riding supersports vs standards as I don't like sitting straight up. I've done numerous 400+ mile rides and don't get tired or have back pain afterwards. Everyone is different so let the OP get what he wants. Sounds like he might not be ready for a literbike but based on this thread no one is so who cares.

Lol. Used my post to pick on. Hilarious. He asked for opinions. We gave him opinions. What's the problem?