Wayne Saturday The 24th

mudrunnerz

Labor day weekend I'm heading down to WV. Yesterdays ride was sorta doomed from the get go. Had a late start, trouble with trailer lights even with temporary magnet set! We get there around 10am, tried to let Steve know we were parking P3 and meet at Monday creek. I lost cell signal b4 I could relay this info. We did end up meeting up thou at p3 after we road up to 1st road crossing after Monday creek, and turned back. Never seen them, so we went on the old off map trail which is off of snake hollow that leads to the cave. And went back to p3 this is when Steve and another rider pulled. in. We rode a little longer together and ended up just east of 278 on main corridor and the guy I was with broke his chain! Steve and other guy had to get going so they went on to Williams leaving me to tow him back! I was able to get him within 1.2 miles of P3, but could not make it past this one hill. I wish I would of got some video of me dragging him up the few hills I did. We had a short ratchet strap, and he said I was throwing 3-4" rocks at him and his quad! 1st hill I had strap to my grab bar, and I was doing wheelies up the hill, next hill I re-positioned strap. I ended up riding to P3 and offering $10- 20 to some campers with 4x4's to tow him the rest of the way.