Nth Annual Fall Leaf Tour, Oct 6th.

Unk Greg

Group is mtg at Danville Gas station , the Lyon's Den, please note spelling and don't get all excited. Gas station is 3 N. Market Street, Danville. The usual mtg place of folks. 11AM and chance to fill up and pit stop. Leaving 11:15, but flexible...if folks are still filling up.

The soft pace ride will stay mostly on SRs, as expecting newbies (folks afraid of 555). The usual odd collection of bikes and scooters. If Ron shows up on his 2-bippy scoot, ask him about his ride to Florida.

So start in Danville, north on 514 to 520, the standard anymore, and then to USR62, will see about the "traffic maintained" bridge at terminus of 520 at USR62.... Have to dig out my old routes from past events...guessing at 175 miles, from Danville. We will stop at Roscoe Village for eats on yer own. Ride can end there for some. I will close the loop back to Danville, via 541 and to Martinsburg, where Columbus folks can split off at USR62. I will head back to Danville and ice cream using 62.

Until the next time....toodles, me lil'carbs

• Upvote 1

I'll be trying to get off work for this.  I think

it's actually 3 South Market Street, in

Danville.  But it's too close to matter.

The current Google Map street view

shows it to be a BP Gas Station.

If anyone wants to ride with me from

Newark to Danville and/or back, you are welcome.

Google Maps says, from Newark:

1. 8 miles up SR 13 N to St Louisville
  2. Turn right onto Dog Hollow Rd (Co Rd 206 into Co Rd 165) for 2.6 mi.
  3. Continue straight onto Martinsburg Rd (Co Rd 165 into Co Rd 204) for 3.5 mi.
  4. Continue onto St Louisville Rd (Co Rd 31) for 2.4 mi.
  5. Go thru Martinsburg [s Market St (Co Rd 31 / SR 586 N ) / N Market St (Co Rd 31 / SR 586 N / US 62 E)
  6. Continue to follow US-62 E (Millersburg Rd) for 13.6 miDestination will be on the left.

30 miles from Newark to Danville, for 45 minutes.

I would like to be gassed up and leaving Newark

by 10:00 AM.  Departure point to be determined.

PM me if interested.

JackFlash, yep, I think it is actually SOUTH Market....confuses me since the station is at the North end of town...go figure, huh.?

I'll be trying to get off work for this.  I thinkit's actually 3 South Market Street, inDanville.  But it's too close to matter.The current Google Map street viewshows it to be a BP Gas Station. If anyone wants to ride with me fromNewark to Danville and/or back, you are welcome.  Google Maps says, from Newark:

• 8 miles up SR 13 N to St Louisville
  • Turn right onto Dog Hollow Rd (Co Rd 206 into Co Rd 165) for 2.6 mi.
  • Continue straight onto Martinsburg Rd (Co Rd 165 into Co Rd 204) for 3.5 mi.
  • Continue onto St Louisville Rd (Co Rd 31) for 2.4 mi.
  • Go thru Martinsburg [s Market St (Co Rd 31 / SR 586 N ) / N Market St (Co Rd 31 / SR 586 N / US 62 E)
  • Continue to follow US-62 E (Millersburg Rd) for 13.6 miDestination will be on the left.
30 miles from Newark to Danville, for 45 minutes.I would like to be gassed up and leaving Newarkby 10:00 AM.  Departure point to be determined.PM me if interested. .

AND, remember ....Rain or Snow we don't go.

Rough check out ride....awesome! All state routes, all good pavement. I haven't done mileage or time. Just bits here and there....and AWESOME!!!!

So anyone up for a flash ride of sorts? Smiling....

Jack Flash, et als. Roscoe Village is 37 miles to Newark and 71 miles to Columbus using SR16.

AND, remember ....Rain or Snow we don't go.

Yeah, well as I recall last year it felt damn near cold enough to snow and it rained on us the last five miles, so apparently those rules are flexible.

Then there was the Holstein rodeo portion of last year's ride:

2012Leaf3.jpg

Yeah, well as I recall last year it felt damn near cold enough to snow and it rained on us the last five miles, so apparently those rules are flexible.

Then there was the Holstein rodeo portion of last year's ride:

2012Leaf3.jpg

Hey! It was nice when we left!!! Besides, I wore gloves and we actually didn't hafta wrangle any cattle.

Check out ride is done. Ran the whole route. Have ended up with 130 miles and around 4 hrs riding time, plus add in eat at Roscoe.

Sue manages to find the buzzards, so you bird watchers.....stay near her. Deer hunters, I'd be yer guide.

Minor kinks, but manageable, since the bridge at USR62, doesn't look anywhere near done, I think we'll buzz Killbuck (the second largest metropolis in Holmes Co.)

Mileage cut because of the endearing conversation with wife on radio. 36 miles and whining....48 miles and oh darn, my radio is...click...hello?.....click, beep, squelch.

She got much better after we stopped to eat and "itza miracle! My radio is working again.

At Roscoe lunch, on yer own. Warehouse restaurant, patio if weather is good (Lance), basement too. Across street is Uncorked, lite fair, pizza (they got downsized, but still good). Then there is the sandwich shop in Medberry Mkt Place(?), the gourmet food shop. Just walk straight thru to the back and you'll find that sammiches place. Also an outside area...if not snowing (Lance).

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Route info...getting there. This weekend I saw route 3/36 north of Sunbury will be closed...no idea of detour. USR62 has a soon to be culvert replacement near Millwood. They will maintain traffic with single lane and traffic light.

Adjust your travel time, please.