Help Pony Powersports serve you better.

Iron Pony

I do shop at Iron Pony, not as much as I have in the past though... with prices from other stores being so much cheaper online (before sales tax), free shipping, and at my door in a few days, on just about everything, well that is an easy decision for me.

I have not tried to purchase a motorcycle from them yet, but I will most likely be doing some tire kicking there soon... we will see how that goes?

I agree that their tire prices need to come down, but I doubt they will. What competition do they have in terms of selection and mounting services for their tires, not many dealers like to install tires bought from other places "Pony included". Why they would not mount tires from wherever makes no sense to me, money is money.

It's a "catch-22". If they install tires you bought elsewhere, and there is a defect, they're now part of that equation. Regardless of cause of failure, the customer will almost always look to them as a cause for failure. They did the service. They must have ruined the tire. It's also not possible for them to get it warrantied for you, as you bought it elsewhere. They're avoiding a serious liability clusterfuck. Sucks for them, because money is money is money. This is my guess, anyway.

Agree, but Ohio motorcycle will mount tires from elsewhere. If you have paperwork that plainly states "not liable for potential damage" then honestly what can a customer do? The Pony "as good as they are" remind me a bit of GE, they want to sell you the equipment at a premium AND do all the work for a premium. Like I said before, what competition do they actually have? I will buy tires there in a pinch and either mount them myself or call my boy Hoblick, but everything else that they have there I am a faithful customer. I cannot speak for their bike sales, but they do have one hell of an inventory and selection compared to the rest locally.

Agree, but Ohio motorcycle will mount tires from elsewhere.

35 bucks mount and balance. Usually have them done in a heartbeat. I love that service department, have for years. (The Cleveland one, never been to the Cbus one).