2014 Gap trip

Hutch

Envious. Wish I had the inseam for it.

What is your inseam? Remember.....you MUST get that idea of having to flat foot a bike out of your head. Yeah Corbins can be a bit tall, but the Sargent is a pretty good seat and they also have a low option. Saddleman and Baldwin Saddles also make one helluva seat too.

What is your inseam? Remember.....you MUST get that idea of having to flat foot a bike out of your head. Yeah Corbins can be a bit tall, but the Sargent is a pretty good seat and they also have a low option. Saddleman and Baldwin Saddles also make one helluva seat too.

I've a 29" inseam. On the stock seat, with underarmor, jeans, ballistic overpants and soled boots, I'm on my toes at a stop, which works but leaves me little margin for balance error. With just jeans in the summer, I can get the balls of my feet down and that's good enough, but it'll be a while before it ain't freezy. I did get a set of lowering links I might try out for giggles first.

I figured you all were smart enough to add the star at the end..........Alpinestar under pants aka compression shorts.

I'm just replying about drinking the alpine stars and underarmor kool aid. I have compression shorts and underwear myself for riding, but they are Wilson and starter brand, one third the cost of those trendy brands and just as good. I always laugh when I see people wearing North Face or Columbia or similar items and think about how much they paid for that crap for the brand name. Not saying those brands are junk I'm just saying that for the money there are far better bang for the buck options out there. Edited by 2talltim

I'm just replying about drinking the alpine stars and underarmor kool aid. I have compression shorts and underwear myself for riding, but they are Wilson and starter brand, one third the cost of those trendy brands and just as good. I always laugh when I see people wearing North Face or Columbia or similar items and think about how much they paid for that crap for the brand name. Not saying those brands are junk I'm just saying that for the money there are far better bang for the buck options out there.

idk I got mine on sale, some of the stuff is retarded on price.

Hey Tim... do you buy your motorcycle gear from this mailer?

http://www.cyclegear.com/

It's the "harbor freight" of speed gear. It's right up your alley. :)

I actually seen nothing wrong with half the stuff in that mailer they had a few good brands. And there is a huge difference between good stuff and over priced stuff, and good deals and cheap stuff.

For example:

I would pay a little bit of extra money for a scorpion, Shoei or Nolan lid over a vega or other cheap brand, but I would never spend the high dollar for a Schuberth or high end Arai. Are they better? maybe but not better enough vs price value.

Edited by 2talltim

I was wearing a Scorpion when I hit that Mazda. I was almost stopped and my bike tipped over. My head hit the asphalt when I rolled off the seat. A small smack, really. I had a concussion for almost a week.

My father-in-law bought his gear from the afore mentioned outfitter. The gloves bled and turned both of his hands purple. :lol:

I see what your saying, this is kind of how I look at it my Nolan is a $200 helmet granted that was a sale price but that's what I paid. Schuberth is an $800 helmet is that Schuberth going to be four times more protective than my Nolan?

And a multi Strada is definitely a higher quality motorcycle than a vstrom but is it a $5,000 dollar higher quality vehicle? My answer is no but your answer might be yes.

Anyway we were talking about underwear what does it matter how much you pay for underwear you might shite yourself in? I'd rather shite myself in a 10 dollar pair of underwear than a 30 dollar pair of underwear. :lol:

Yep deals can be had, I'm not saying stuff isn't worth slightly more money but it's not worth the full blown retail that it's usually going for. See if you can find me a $250 Schuberth hell I might even pay $300 ;)

My underwear cost about $15/pair. If you haven't worn higher end-erwear, you're not qualified to make that claim. :)

Also, I paid $230 for my Arai. ;)

actuality i have a 30$ pair of under armor undies and they are so comfy and soft and omg just ze best on my fanny haha   

Word. Also, I buy my lids for comfort and I've yet to wear a lid more comfortable than Arai. They are expensive, though.

Same here. Arai don't fit my super round head, scorpion, Nolan, and Schuberth I have found to be the best fits for me. I spent 4hrs at iron pony one day trying on damn near every lid to figure that out.

Edited by 2talltim

My underwear cost about $15/pair. If you haven't worn higher end-erwear, you're not qualified to make that claim. :)

Also, I paid $230 for my Arai. ;)

Yea, but when you shit yourself you still just got underwear full of shit.

I am a fan of UA, worth every penny.....and I don't consider $30 to be expensive for what you get. What I am going to next, not cheap but they are the best.....work as advertised.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/productdescription.htm

Now see those i would think about paying the premium for, they are designed for riding with all aspects in mind. Now with the UA or other compression shorts i think one brand is just as good as another and paying the extra cost for one brand over another is silly. I too have one pair of UA and the $6 pair of starter shorts i bought at wally are the exact same in my opinion.

Edited by 2talltim