Clinton county motorsports bait and switch BBW!

TODDFFF

Glad they stated there side of the deal.

Being Christian doesn't mean they can't do bad things. I know it makes some other Christians feel better to hear that they are a Christian business but to others it can also be a red flag. Like saying 'I would never rip you off'. Simply saying that makes me think you might.

• Upvote 1

Being Christian doesn't mean they can't do bad things. I know it makes some other Christians feel better to hear that they are a Christian business but to others it can also be a red flag. ....

That was my point - it'd be like saying "We're Hardcore Republicans"  - all off the hardcore democrats would go elsewhere. I'd not want to offend any of the potential market by saying shit like that. I've got plenty of other flaws in my personality for offending them without adding fuel to the fire.

I'll choose "A" to do business with.  You choose what

makes you happy and who you think you can trust

the most.

A)  We are a Christian owned company.

B)  We are Satan worshipers.

C)  We are Pagans.

D)  We are an atheist owned business.

E)  Our company is owned and operated by witches.

• Upvote 1

I'd avoid a place that made claims like this - leave religion out of it and keep that crap to yourself.

Edit: In before the lock! :crazy:

Conversely, I will go out of my way to support or patron a Christian business. Especially one who isn't so afraid and PC to admit it. Kudos to CCM for having a spine and claiming their faith when it's not "popular" or PC

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

• Upvote 3

Conversely, I will go out of my way to support or patron a Christian business. Especially one who isn't so afraid and PC to admit it. Kudos to CCM for having a spine and claiming their faith when it's not "popular" or PC

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

+1.........................

F) you shouldn't give a shit what deities we choose to worship, we have demonstrated a long history of excellent customer service, and have lots of satisfied customers who will happily testify their experiences.

You do not choose my shoulds and my should nots.

This is Brad from CCM.  I wish i would have found this sooner so I could get our side of the story to the public.  When we originally spoke with Todd on 10/8 we quoted him $8124+documenation, tax and title on a 2013 V Strom and he would receive the free bags from Suzuki.  We also quoted him a windshield, skid plate and engine guards for $821.  On 10/18 we spoke with Todd again and he stated that he did not want the stock Adventure bags and that he had been quoted $1100 off at other dealerships if he didn't take the bags.  We agreed to match this offer for him.  So at this point the bike lists for $8499, we are going to do $1,100 off which puts the bike at $7,399.  Now most people don't know this but as a dealer we don't receive a credit for these bags.  We have to get them in and try to sell them (Suzuki's policy, not ours.)  We don't know how long we will have them so we are investing this money, not sure what somebody will give us for them and not sure how long we will have them.  We are taking all of the risk here.  So he came into the dealership on 10/27, test rode the bike and agreed to buy.  When we went over the numbers he couldn't understand why he wasn't getting $1,100 off of the original price that we quoted.  So we explained to him that we agreed to take $1,100 off the list price if he didn't take the bags, this is what we quoted him on 10/18. 

Clinton County Motorsports has not bait and switched and never will.  We are a Christian owned company and do business the way it should be done.  We have one of the highest CSI ratings in the country for motorsports dealerships and will continue to do so.  Thank you to those above that have given a true representation of our company.

Nice try Brad, if you are a Christian, why were you getting so upset because I didn't agree with what ever number you threw at me? You were awful pissed off because I didn't agree with you. I own 2 different companies and deal with all kinds of customers who range from nice to horrible. No matter what kind of day I had, I am always professional which you were not.

Throwing " we are a Christian company" out there is somehow supposed to make everyone believe you? Really?

I am related to 3 Popes and 1000th cousin to Jesus. So it trumps your Christian company. Does that make you believe me now?

I hear your company does good things for the community, great. I hear it also does good things for the sport, also great. Some people are happy with your company, good for them and the people who work there. I just wanted people to know what tried on me and to be aware when dealing with you or any company.

I guess in a way I should thank you as I ended up buying the bike I really wanted, a Triumph explorer and love it.

Todd, I'll be frank.  Based on what I've read, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes over a bike that wasn't really the one you wanted anyway, but you decided to come here and pitch a public fit over a couple hundred dollars, probably not expecting CCM to chime in, and then you went away to spend an extra, what, $7k on a different bike.  That's cute.

You accused CCM of deceptive practices with a tabloid-worthy topic header of "Clinton county motorsports bait and switch BBW!" but it sounds like you changed your mind about a detail, and CCM counter-offered, but it disapointed/surprised you.  This kind of thing happens all the time in business and personal dealings as well - get over it.  I'm sure you were disapointed, but based on your posts I'd put money that you didn't handle it perfectly either.  Also, having bought a '13 DL650 during the same time, I can tell you that CCM's counteroffer was fair.  You probably could have paid a couple hundred more at a few other Ohio dealers or a couple hundred less at others.  Big deal - you could have left gracefully and keep shopping around, but instead you came here to vent your frustration.

In any case, enjoy your Explorer - it looks like a fabulous bike and we'll likely enjoy pictures of it here.  I'd love to see how much better a bike almost twice the cost of a DL650 is.

Brad at CCM, I think there's a lesson fo you here too.  Citing a "Christian-run company" is a double-edged sword and more often than not it distracts, detracts and derails.  Let your faith guide you to be continually better, but let the ethics of your dealings speak for themselves.

Social media.  It has its upsides and its downs...

- Scott

• Upvote 1

Todd, I'll be frank.  Based on what I've read, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes over a bike that wasn't really the one you wanted anyway, but you decided to come here and pitch a public fit over a couple hundred dollars, probably not expecting CCM to chime in, and then you went away to spend an extra, what, $7k on a different bike.  That's cute.

You accused CCM of deceptive practices with a tabloid-worthy topic header of "Clinton county motorsports bait and switch BBW!" but it sounds like you changed your mind about a detail, and CCM counter-offered, but it disapointed/surprised you.  This kind of thing happens all the time in business and personal dealings as well - get over it.  I'm sure you were disapointed, but based on your posts I'd put money that you didn't handle it perfectly either.  Also, having bought a '13 DL650 during the same time, I can tell you that CCM's counteroffer was fair.  You probably could have paid a couple hundred more at a few other Ohio dealers or a couple hundred less at others.  Big deal - you could have left gracefully and keep shopping around, but instead you came here to vent your frustration.

In any case, enjoy your Explorer - it looks like a fabulous bike and we'll likely enjoy pictures of it here.  I'd love to see how much better a bike almost twice the cost of a DL650 is.

Brad at CCM, I think there's a lesson fo you here too.  Citing a "Christian-run company" is a double-edged sword and more often than not it distracts, detracts and derails.  Let your faith guide you to be continually better, but let the ethics of your dealings speak for themselves.

Social media.  It has its upsides and its downs...

- Scott

No not cute, just was surprised as they came highly recomended to me. I have 2 friends who bought there so I tried them out. Yes I did originally wanted the explorer but settled on the Vstrom as it was a great bike and would have been happy with it. After I went home after 3 hours of driving , I found a 2012 explorer with 450 miles on it for $13,000 on craigslist which in the end was only a few grand more not $7000. The money was never the issue as I can buy whatever I want. I just wanted something lighter than the goldwing.

If it was as simple as offer counter offer I would not complain and would respected that as that is common in my other businesses as well. We made a deal and some how it turned into MSRP minus the cases. They chose to make the deal and that is why I went there. All the "we are taking the risk of selling the cases" is crap as they were coming from Suzuki. If it was a risk either put on your big girl panties and deal with it or don't plane and simple. Why would I have to pay more to cover their asses if it didn't turn out in their favor? A few hundred bucks makes no difference in my life but it was the point of it.

The "tabloid topic worthy" header made you read it didn't it. I just wanted any other person who might be looking for a bike think about it that's all.