unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

Got all our stops figured out.  Shooting for a meeting point at 'B'.  That is the rest area on the turnpike I mentioned earlier.  Don't have a spot to pick up Phil yet but I think we will just meet him at the on ramp of his choice on the turnpike.

http://goo.gl/maps/zdvmD

Weather will be fine. You are rolling with me, I have great weather luck. Except that one time a tornado crossed the freeway right in front of me in Tennessee. That kinda sucked. A lot.

I live real close to "C" so I'll just plan on meeting you guys there. Getting anxious!

Can you easily get on at Exit 81/Elmore?  Cuz we will be on the westbound side of the turnpike at C...so you would need to get on at 81 and roll back west to the plaza at C. If you need us to pull off on the 280 ramp instead that is certainly easy to do and cool with us.

• 2 weeks later...

I was off sick yesterday for an eye doctor appointment. When my pupils un-dilated I did about 300 miles down around Atwood Lake. Did the round trip in a day to the Meetup, I can feel that I certainly need to get some more saddle time before this.  I may need to do an emergency 4 day dragon run.

I'll be down there May 17-29 with some friends. Come on down

I might take you up on that depending on the weather. You hanging in one spot or moving around?

Edited by Tonik

I might take you up on that depending on the weather. You hanging in one spot or moving around?

I got a cabin near Townsend for the entire time. have a few friends from Ireland coming over to ride the area. Depending on which days you come down, I might have an extra bed for you if ya want. Just cost ya a couple of beers.

I got a cabin near Townsend for the entire time. have a few friends from Ireland coming over to ride the area. Depending on which days you come down, I might have an extra bed for you if ya want. Just cost ya a couple of beers.

I always stay the first night in Townsend, at that Best Western across from the awesome BBQ place. I will keep you posted on my plans, it will be last minute. I can go on vacation short notice so I play the weather.

I've been riding every day, at least a little. Doing this as well: http://www.tourofhonor.com/pages/finishers2014.html came in third for Ohio.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks prior to the 12th. I'm working with the scheduler to get me home by the 9th which will give me a few days to adjust, but it isn't a guarantee so I may be a bit jet lagged. At best, it will have been a couple weeks since my last ride.

Over Easter I took the cage up to Western Michigan, so I ran the turnpike all the way to South Bend.  No construction, yet in Indiana. But there are 4 really big ones in Ohio. The kind where they split the lanes...put one on the opposite side and one stays on the correct side. Won't be terrible but will be annoying and we will have to slow down a bit. Cops work those zones hard. I see two every day on the way to work in the one by Cleveland.

Yep, I take the turnpike to the airport almost every day and see up to four patrols in my 30 min ride. Crews are making repairs from this brutal winter and still working on widening to three lanes out to Stanton, which isn't likely to be done by the time we go through there. Fortunately, traffic slows to about 50, but never turns into stop-and-go.