unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

Kinda disappointed, went to the dealer today to get my tire pressure sensor replaced and they forgot to order the nut that holds it on. The new sensor is a new style and the nut is different, the new part did not come with one. So we ordered the nut and hope it comes in by Wednesday, if not oh well but it would have been nice to have it working. 

I should be at the plaza at 4:15 Will leave the house at 330 stop for fuel about 1/2 a mile from the house. Are all the gas stops less then 150 miles I checked my mileage and Im not good for much more then that

I remember seeing a couple people post that they were worrying about not having enough luggage. Now either I'm severely under packing, or I'm travel with a bunch of women that change your clothes 3 times a day. :D

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

Does it matter if the EZ Pass is mounted upside down? As in if you look at it the words are upside down on the windshield.

No. I put mine on my front brake reservoir with the Velcro tape as it was mailed from Ohio Turnpike. It works fine.

I packed everything for the trip, and I still have some room. I am going to fill some of the extra capacity with snacks.

that's about where I'm at, one bag has clothes and toiletries. the other has rain gear, extra riding gear, toolkit, few other miscellaneous things. And my top box is basically going to have, camera, snacks, couple old rags for wiping visor and seat off.

No. I put mine on my front brake reservoir with the Velcro tape as it was mailed from Ohio Turnpike. It works fine.

You can see mine in the picture above it's mounted right above my message center on the windscreen. but I mounted it upside down with the tapered edge pointing down so I can get it closer to the dash. Also I know my EZ Pass works fine cause I used in West Virginia last week

I’m not bringing much A extra pair of jeans change of undies and socks for everyday a few extra shirts one sweater rain gear and a wind breaker if things get to rank I can always wash stuff at one of the hotels. I have a camel pack for water and some snacks

You can see mine in the picture above it's mounted right above my message center on the windscreen. but I mounted it upside down with the tapered edge pointing down so I can get it closer to the dash. Also I know my EZ Pass works fine cause I used in West Virginia last week

I mounted mine in the same direction. I put the tapered portion in front for aerodynamics, and it worked fine.

Does it matter if the EZ Pass is mounted upside down? As in if you look at it the words are upside down on the windshield.

Upside down...up your butt...put it anywhere you want just don't block it with too much metal.

Also concealed carriers don't forget to bring your lockbox for that evil black state.

According to their law, we can carry it concealed as long as we don't get off our bikes...then it must be locked inside the vehicle...so just locking it in a saddle bag would meet the letter of the law. Me, I am unloading in Indiana and putting it in a gun case.  Tempted to bring the 460.

I mounted mine in the same direction. I put the tapered portion in front for aerodynamics, and it worked fine.

You are staying at my house with Tim...correct?

And wife is out with the girls that night, if you get here early enough we will run down the street and shoot some guns.

Edited by Tonik

only thing blocking it is a 1/4 inch piece of acrylic, we are good to go

You are fine, mounted more in the open than mine. My dash has a flat section on the top....like a car...and it is mounted flat to that behind the shield. No issues at all.

Have fun guys, please post pics so we can all drool. Be safe and enjoy it!

I'm gonna start a new thread for that. It will include a link to my gps tracker so you can follow along in real time.

• Upvote 1