So where's the Dick Dynasty thread?

Gump

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

Funny, I don't think so... I'm pretty sure i read that correctly, he likened homosexuals to terrorists by placing them in the same sentence in the same outgroup opposite to the ingroup of the "righteous"...

it may not have been overt, it may not even have been intentional, but it is absolutely accurate to say he made that association.

perhaps it's your reading comprehension that is lacking.

Edited by magley64

Funny, I don't think so... I'm pretty sure i read that correctly, he likened homosexuals to terrorists by placing them in the same sentence in the same outgroup opposite to the ingroup of the "righteous"...

it may not have been overt, it may not even have been intentional, but it is absolutely accurate to say he made that association.

perhaps it's your reading comprehension that is lacking.

Incorrect libtard spin.

It's called a list.  Sometimes they are cleverly hidden in sentences and punctuated with commas.  

However, Robertson wanted to make it clear that he’s not judging anyone. “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job,” he told GQ. “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus — whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

• Upvote 2

see, I have a problem with people who can't comprehend literary devices like ingroups and outgroups, be they stalin, mao, tpoppa or sarah palin... all of them should take a course in sociology.

see how when constructed that way, the context clues in the list give the impression that you're either an ruthless dictator, or a total blithering idiot?

Edited by magley64

see how when constructed that way, the context clues in the list give the impression that you're either an ruthless dictator, or a total blithering idiot?

Interesting approach.  But consider this...If there was a vote for the most blithering idiot on OR, I am afraid Magz would win in an epic landslide.  

I await your negative rep.  But that is the filter I use to read all of your posts. 

• Upvote 2

what does that have to do with the associations made by robertson, or the devices he used to make the associations?

Let's see, here's the recap for those to bored look back.

Hillbilly Christian guy made a list of peoples to which “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus..."

You said that was "Close Enough" to Westboro Baptists Church Statements about homosexuals.  "God Hates Fags" of course being the most common.

I said your reading comprehension skills are lacking (Which now seems even more accurate).

You made a pathetic statement about ingroups and outgroups.

And that brings us up to date.

• Upvote 3

Let's see, here's the recap for those to bored look back.

Hillbilly Christian guy made a list of peoples to which “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus — whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

You said that was "Close Enough" to Westboro Baptists Church Statements about homosexuals.  "God Hates Fags" of course being the most common.

I said your reading comprehension skills are lacking (Which now seems even more accurate).

You made a pathetic statement about ingroups and outgroups.

And that brings us up to date.

FIFY

Just because you don't understand associative literary principles doesn't mean they are pathetic...

I couldn't care less what your imaginary friend hates, but when people start likening people who happen to love other adults of the same gender identity to people who murder innocent human beings for political capital, that's when the line becomes crossed. 

Stop equating homosexuals to terrorists, stop equating homosexuality to beastiality... it's not that difficult. 

Edited by magley64

FIFY

Just because you don't understand associative literary principles doesn't mean they are pathetic...

You make it too easy.  I swear...fish in a fucking barrel :)

I didn't say literary principles were pathetic.  I said your statement was pathetic.

Thank you very much for the perfect example to reinforce that your reading comprehension skills are indeed lacking.  You hear {read} what you want to hear...and there lies the problem with a great many of your opinions and posts.

I assume the 'imaginary friend' comment is to try to discredit me as being some kind of zealot.  What you don't know is that I am the least religious person on OR, but I do have a strong understanding of the values of Christianity and other common religions.

Better luck next time.

• Upvote 2

You make it too easy.  I swear...fish in a fucking barrel :)

I didn't say literary principles were pathetic.  I said your statement was pathetic.

Thank you very much for the perfect example to reinforce that your reading comprehension skills are indeed lacking.  You hear {read} what you want to hear...and there lies the problem with a great many of your opinions and posts.

I assume the 'imaginary friend' comment is to try to discredit me as being some kind of zealot.  What you don't know is that I am the least religious person on OR, but I do have a strong understanding of the values of Christianity and other common religions.

Better luck next time.

no, "your imaginary friend" was a collective "your" directed that those who proclaim "god hates fags" not a personal "your" tpoppa's as I had no idea what your personal religious convictions may have been.

Edited by magley64

no, "your imaginary friend" was a collective "your" directed that those who proclaim "god hates fags" not a personal "your" tpoppa's as I had no idea what your personal religious convictions may have been.

Thanks for the clarification.

When using an possessive pronoun like 'your' in the context of a quote, it would be assumed that the subject would be the source quoted unless another subject was identified.  But I'm sure you already understand these literary principles.

I have to disagree if people want to be gay that is fine by me and if others want to fuck farm animals that's fine they can as long as it's their animal don't be coming around trying to screw my pooch. Either way doesn't really affect me. Yes it's a bit odd that I don't really care what people do with sheep as long as it's their sheep

"Want to be gay?" That's like saying people want to be black or want to have cerebral palsy....homosexuality is not a choice. I have gay friends and all of them knew they were different at a very young age, but didn't know they were gay until they got older. It's something you are born being.

"Want to be gay?" That's like saying people want to be black or want to have cerebral palsy....homosexuality is not a choice. I have gay friends and all of them knew they were different at a very young age, but didn't know they were gay until they got older. It's something you are born being.

Imo, it may or may not be born... it could very well have at least partial environmental triggers, but we agree that it isn't a choice.

Imo, it may or may not be born... it could very well have at least partial environmental triggers, but we agree that it isn't a choice.

So if they're bi, its a choice, when they pick sides at that time.

Edited by Gump

I tend to believe people aren't born straight or gay. If your dad was gay that doesn't make you half gay. Things like personality and sexuality don't exist in any significant levels in infants, they form during early childhood development based on all sorts of different triggers...or at least that's what Freud said. I think it's more accurate to say 'from an early age' rather than born straight or gay.

And I absolutely believe that some people choose to engage in gay sex as a type of sexual experimentation. If I learned anything in college, it's that all females are about three glasses of wine away from making out with another chick.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2

College girls trying it on or being a LUG (lesbian until graduation) is not the same...Most drunk girls that are making out with each other do it for attention. I agree with the experimentation aspect and perhaps 'born gay' was a poor choice of words...but experimenting with your security is different than having a sequel identity and proclivity for the same sex.

This logic opens up the door for pedophiles to claim I was born with an affinity for young kids. But that's a whole new can of worms.