So where's the Dick Dynasty thread?

Gump

What do you base this on?  Just curious.

Good rep for calling me out on this.

Just a personal observation I have only known about 5 gay men in my life thru work but everyone of them have never been able to have a relationship last more than a few months. The statement was a bad choice of words and a non issue and I should not have said it because many of the heterosexual men on this form have the same problem.

• Upvote 1

Freedom of speech applies to the government. I can't come here on Casper's board and say anything I want. His board, his rules.  Same thing with A&E's TV channel, their channel their rules. Also consider this....if A&E was forced to let the Duck Dynasty guy say what ever he wants....doesn't that force A&E to change their message....doesn't that put restrictions on the message they want to send? If A&E wants to send the message that being gay is ok they should be allowed to ban Phil.

Phil can run around all day long and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him if they want. It has to go both ways. (woo, i got another pun IN there). Wooo, that's two...on a roll.

I don't think this has anything to do with free speech.

He said something that wasn't inline with his employer, so they terminated him.

The same thing would happen to me if I spoke ill-will, or discredit to my organization. We just had to sign off on a policy for it last week. This includes social media, like OR and Facebook.

He stated his opinion based on his beliefs. No one can fault him for that. Unfortunalely A&E, aka his emplyer, found fault that his statements weren't in line with the company value. That is also their right.

I don't believe he said anything derogatory in his statement. I don't believe A&E was out of line for terminating him either. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Eh, he should have read his fucking contract. His employer is free to fire him for whatever at any time. That's the issue here. He said something publicly that was not in line with his employers beliefs and they canned him. Same thing happened to Gilbert gotfreid after the tsunami in japan, he made jokes on twitter and aflak fired him. Read your fucking contract.

The more I thought about this, the more I started to think they actually shouldn't be allowed to can him over this.  I mean, I think we can all agree he said essentially what 90% of Christian churches in the US teach more or less.  IMO, you can't be fired for walking up to your boss and saying, "I'm XXX religion" or "I'm XXX political viewpoint" or "I'm XXX lifestyle."  It's all part of that hiring bit where such and such a company does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, or orientation, etc. bit you always read in applications.

I have to disagree if people want to be gay that is fine by me and if others want to fuck farm animals that's fine they can as long as it's their animal don't be coming around trying to screw my pooch. Either way doesn't really affect me. Yes it's a bit odd that I don't really care what people do with sheep as long as it's their sheep

The more I thought about this, the more I started to think they actually shouldn't be allowed to can him over this. I mean, I think we can all agree he said essentially what 90% of Christian churches in the US teach more or less. IMO, you can't be fired for walking up to your boss and saying, "I'm XXX religion" or "I'm XXX political viewpoint" or "I'm XXX lifestyle." It's all part of that hiring bit where such and such a company does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, or orientation, etc. bit you always read in applications.

You can be fired for just about anything. Go get some bad publicity pointed towards your employer and see iow long you last.

You can be legally fired for almost anything except for the few items of protected discrimination. Being gay isn't currently protected.

The tide is shifting based upon age. Much like the acceptance of weed. Young people grew up on will and grace. They overwhelmingly support gay marriage. It's only time as old(er) people are dying off until a huge majority support it.

Nothing wrong with tolerance. You don't like it, don't do it.

But for single guys, more gay guys = more single ladies! Also means better fashion, better color coordination, better broadway shows, and a bunch of other stereotypical shit gays are known for.

The tide is shifting based upon age. Much like the acceptance of weed. Young people grew up on will and grace. They overwhelmingly support gay marriage. It's only time as old(er) people are dying off until a huge majority support it.

The exact same thing can be said for gun control

Silly boys when will you all learn? Freedom of speech does not apply to white heterosexual males on almost any issue.

OH GOD YES, we're so oppressed, we can't say derogatory things about minority groups without getting bad publicity.... oh the horrible burden of being a white man...

My take on what Phil said was when the public becomes completely tolerant of the gay life style. What will be next to push the limits of sexuality? Polygamy, Bestiality, Pedophilia, He was not saying they were the same thing just that society is progressing toward them. Where will it stop? Who’s to say that 100 years from now every home will come with a sheep pen in the back yard? Only time will tell every generation becomes more tolerant and excepting than the last.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My take on what Phil said was when the public becomes completely tolerant of the gay life style. What will be next to push the limits of sexuality? Polygamy, Bestiality, Pedophilia, He was not saying they were the same thing just that society is progressing toward them. Where will it stop? Who’s to say that 100 years from now every home will come with a sheep pen in the back yard? Only time will tell every generation becomes more tolerant and excepting than the last.

Please elaborate how you don't equate them but you list them in the same sentence.

Can you not see a distinction between consenting adults and EVERYTHING else?

• Upvote 1

OH GOD YES, we're so oppressed, we can't say derogatory things about minority groups without getting bad publicity.... oh the horrible burden of being a white man...

Ok, let's have a heterosexual bike parade. Who's in?

I don't see the issue. He voiced his opinion and was free to do so, A&E is free to cut him loose for anything they choose. I just can't see how this make us tolerant of anything just because A&E ditched him. Personally if you want to ram a dude in the brown eye have at it.

Please elaborate how you don't equate them but you list them in the same sentence.

Can you not see a distinction between consenting adults and EVERYTHING else?

You have a very narrow outlook Polygamy, Bestiality, looks like consenting adults to me Pedophilia may be way out there but the way our society is progressing morally in may be in the realm of things in a few hundred years. If history really repeats itself I once heard a story of Sodom and Gomorrah

• Downvote 2

You have a very narrow outlook Polygamy, Bestiality, looks like consenting adults to me Pedophilia may be way out there but the way our society is progressing morally in may be in the realm of things in a few hundred years. If history really repeats itself I once heard a story of Sodom and Gomorrah

Polygamy is ok by me when it's all adults, not 14 year old girls religiously coerced from birth to marry some 50 year old dude.

Animals does not equal consenting adults.

Kids does not equal consenting adults.

So you do equate them all?

I'm not the one who is narrow.

Ok, let's have a heterosexual bike parade. Who's in?

Don't the HD riders do that every weekend in the summer? I think it generally ends at the local bar.

Ahhh the slipper slope argument. It is a classic argument for the people that can't really make valid points. Please continue.

• Upvote 2

I don't see the issue. He voiced his opinion and was free to do so, A&E is free to cut him loose for anything they choose. I just can't see how this make us tolerant of anything just because A&E ditched him. Personally if you want to ram a dude in the brown eye have at it.

Dont act like you didn't enjoy being the rammed at Nelson last season and the season before.  Just because you were replaced when you got your bump don't be all shady.

I really do not care what you guys do with each other if it’s your thing go for it but when homosexuality becomes the norm what will be the next boundary that gets pushed. I’m old school and still believe that it all just a mental illness and you can’t teach this old dog new tricks.

Ahhh the slipper slope argument. It is a classic argument for the people that can't really make valid points. Please continue.

Do some reading about how closely tied the higher ups in this org are related to the gay rights movement

www.nambla.org/

Do I think gays should be allowed to marry? Sure, idgaf. But I don't deny that it is a slippery slope... Nothing wrong with gay rights, but it is sliding towards other things

Do some reading about how closely tied the higher ups in this org are related to the gay rights movement

www.nambla.org/

Do I think gays should be allowed to marry? Sure, idgaf. But I don't deny that it is a slippery slope... Nothing wrong with gay rights, but it is sliding towards other things

you do realize "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy, right? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

gay rights don't "slide" towards other things, they are simply the recognizing the rights of adults to consort with other adults as they all consent to, regardless of their respective genitalia and chromosome shape or gender identity.

you also tossed in an ad-hominem by  saying they consort with nambla https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

nobody cares who gay rights activists consort with, it has nothing at all to do with the cause at hand.

Edited by magley64

Wait, isn't freedom of speech part of the constitution?  Oh we don't really follow that anymore and haven't for a very long time, that's right. 

This is in no way whatsoever a free speech issue.

The constitution only applies to the government.  A&E can restrict whatever speech they want on their network.  The only portion of the constitution that serves to restrict private citizens is the clause abolishing slavery.  Otherwise, the constitution states what the government cannot do to or impose upon the American people, not what citizens (or corporations) can do to each other.

• Upvote 1

Why do any of you give a fuck if an old hillbilly quotes christian values?   It's not like he was spouting off WBC bullshit.

Would you be surprised if a hillbilly from 'Moonshiners' got a DUI?

yawn..........

close enough... equating homosexuality to beastiality, equating homosexuals to terrorists...