So where's the Dick Dynasty thread?

Gump

This logic opens up the door for pedophiles to claim I was born with an affinity for young kids. But that's a whole new can of worms.

Except that pedophiles cause extensive damage and consenting homosexuals do not. Some could argue that psychopathic murderers are just "born bad" or even that they develop the psychosis at a very young age. There is a difference between someone who has a proclivity towards hurting others and someone who has a proclivity towards the same sex. Those who would say otherwise likely categorize homosexuality as some sort of disorder or sickness and probably have some issues of their own to resolve.

I don't have any issues of my own to resolve. Let's say I were to screw farm animals or smear peanut butter on my balls and let the dog lick it off. You would find it odd and say I have a disorder because it is not the norm. It's a choice if I were to choose to do these things. I'm not saying homosexuality is a disorder or anything like that. Like a poster above said humans are not born with a sexuallity concept. I'm sure if you told yourself enough times for a long enough period you would believe you are gay. Humans can be pre conditioned by their surroundings. Homosexuality I belive is a 60/40. The 60 choose to be gay while the other 40 are actually gay. Of the 60 many of these have probably found comfort being around the same sex and start to have an attraction for the same sex. Btw I have friends that are gay I do not treat them any different than I do my other friends I have. I have no problems if you are gay or straight or purple or blue. And all the friends I have that are homosexuals they do not believe that all homosexuals are truly homosexuals. They believe that some have chosen to be homosexuals

Edited by ZxHooligan

Duck Dynasty can take a long swirly ride down a short dirty shitter without Will. The wisest specimen of the entire Robertson family just left the building, and for what? For regurgitating the same opinion of the very book of faith this country was founded by? A&E can go play a lifelong game of hide and go fuck yourself.

Sure, times have changed since this country has become so overwhelmingly hung up on making every OTHER culture happy here while simultaneously forsaking the forefathers....but this nation's pc bullshit has exceeded ridiculous for far too long. :nono:

Nothing politically correct about that! :)

Mutt, just to clarify, this country was not founded on the bible. It was founded by people that hated the idea of founding a country on religion and populated to a great extent by people who fled countries where the government was founded on religion. Let that sink in.

So we are basing the dislike for homosexuality on an old book that has been translated through languages to English, losing meaning as translations are not always accurate and they have been altered from the original to suit the church at that time. Even the writing that is in there for homosexuality as with everything in the bible, it's up for interpretation. This btw is coming from a believer but I choose to come to my own conclusions about the stories rather than having someone tell me what they think they mean.

Mutt, just to clarify, this country was not founded on the bible. It was founded by people that hated the idea of founding a country on religion and populated to a great extent by people who fled countries where the government was founded on religion. Let that sink in.

^^^This is true. I did not realize ( or remember from the old school days ) this until just reading up a bit. I've definitely forgotten more about government than I obviously cared to learn in the first place. And although the founding fathers were slave traders and decidedly did not follow "biblically sensed" christianity, they were faithful deists who truly believed in a God....however, their God was but only a creator and had no purpose for everyone and everything such as christians believe. I need to get my anti-politically correct bs facts straight before shootin from hip with it

Interesting, I guess the American history books need some editing. No......It was not founded on "the Bible", but the history of this country and those that came to form the colonies were not atheist for sure. Religious freedom here is very important "that was a huge deal", but the founding Fathers being an overwhelmingly mix of Christians and Deists, did have a different way of looking at things and going about them when compared to other countries with their governments or royalty. There are very deep rooted Abrahamic and Judaic beliefs and heritages in this country, and they were here and followed/celebrated before all other belief systems "excluding the Native Americans". Like it or not this is an overwhelmingly Christian country, but just like anyone else, Christians are not perfect either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

Persecution-comic.jpg

And now for the opinion of a gay christian man from texas...

Thanks to Daddy Duck, I'm seeing all kinds of stuff about what it means and doesn't mean to be gay. Mr Robertson et al hold to the working theory that it means choosing to have sex with your own gender. This, I don't believe.

Straight guys can have sex with men and not be gay. Gay guys can have sex with women and not be straight. Most of the time, it doesn't matter to a penis what kind of orifice is stimulating it. It might matter to the man behind the penis, though, and that happens in his heart and brain.

I.e, if you're just not attracted to women physically, then even though you know it would feel good to your weenie, you don't want to stick it in any vaginae and that's not a penis decision. It's a decision that happens in your heart and brain. Vice versa with hetero men. That mental/affectional hurdle gets overcome often, though, because ... well, think about single gender institutions like prison. Sometimes just plain old curiosity can do it, too, I hear.

So tell us, Jon, in your great wizdumb, if sexual activity isn't a good indicator of hetero/homosexuality, what is?

Love is. IME being gay isn't about who you have sex with. It's about who you fall in love with. Lots of fundamentalist conservatives focus on the sex to the exclusion of love and they try to deny that real, marriage-type love and devotion can exist between 2 men or 2 women. And if you try to build a syllogism on a whack premise, you're going to end up shagging imaginary flies in left field, and getting kicked off A&E.

/homily

• Upvote 1

If he was a Muslum and said what he said we'd have to respect it?

oh no, he's an asshole in every/any religion

Interesting, I guess the American history books need some editing. No......It was not founded on "the Bible", but the history of this country and those that came to form the colonies were not atheist for sure. Religious freedom here is very important "that was a huge deal", but the founding Fathers being an overwhelmingly mix of Christians and Deists, did have a different way of looking at things and going about them when compared to other countries with their governments or royalty. There are very deep rooted Abrahamic and Judaic beliefs and heritages in this country, and they were here and followed/celebrated before all other belief systems "excluding the Native Americans". Like it or not this is an overwhelmingly Christian country, but just like anyone else, Christians are not perfect either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

so basically: "my religion was here first (well after we stole the land from the peole who lived here before us) so we have a right to subjugate the entire nation under the rules and regulations of our enterpretation of a book written by bronze age goat herders... that's the definition of "religious freedom"... the first amendment freedom of religion gives you the freedom to be my religion"

Edited by magley64

oh no, he's an asshole in every/any religion

so basically: "my religion was here first (well after we stole the land from the peole who lived here before us) so we have a right to subjugate the entire nation under the rules and regulations of our enterpretation of a book written by bronze age goat herders... that's the definition of "religious freedom"... the first amendment freedom of religion gives you the freedom to be my religion"

Did I say that? No I simply mentioned the long rooted history of this country and the majority of people that live here "yes the majority", and no I am not saying that is the end all, the correct way or believe all for belief systems or morality. I am discussing the overall history of this country over everything else, but political correctness and thin skin victim mentality is going to kill this country. Certain associations out there which started with good intentions and were a positive force to be reckoned with, now do nothing but stir the pot and are fulling playing and abusing the victims card. I am a Christian and have absolutely nothing against the gay community, I have gay friends and love them for who they are, and as a Christian I do not consider them any better or worse than anyone else. Not all Christians are religious zealots, but the media loves to expose the ones who are. Phil Robertson gave his opinion and outlook as he sees it through "his faith", so how does he differ from anyone else? He did not attack anyone, he did not condemn anyone to Hell, he never insinuated any hate or ill will, said he still loved them regardless.....he gave his view point. So what if the gay community cannot handle his views and beliefs, who is honestly in the wrong here? The word "DEMAND" really bothers and eats at me, and we are hearing it much too often as of late. That is a victim and we will win at all costs mentality, and it is going to bring the country to its knees. Disagree with me all you want, I could care less....truth hurts.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why so many are getting so upset over him stating his opinion.  He professes to be a Christian, so it should be no surprise that he does not agree with homosexuality.  

I just went through the article again, and I still can't find anywhere that he says he hates homosexuals, or what he thinks should happen to them, other than this, which I copied and pasted from the article:

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson#ixzz2oA4r13Vn

As for the comments about blacks being happier?  Really?  It just said that the ones that he worked the fields beside were happy, Godly people.  Again, can show show me otherwise?

• Upvote 1

That said, A&E has every right to pull him from the show.  I think it's wrong to tolerate one set of values and not the other on a public television network that is not specifically intended for an audience of one side of the issue or the other, but that's just me.

Personally, I've never watched the show, as I don't care for rednecks and hillbillies. I especially don't care for people that wear camouflage in public. Guess what? I can still see you, stupid.

I've found rednecks and hillbillies (colloqualism for low income rural whites) are handy to have around. They generally help me out when I'm in trouble out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, we need to have at least one socio-economic group that it's PC to make fun of.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I've never watched the show, as I don't care for rednecks and hillbillies. I especially don't care for people that wear camouflage in public. Guess what? I can still see you, stupid.

Doesn't that make you superficial?