Pony Powersports annouces the addition of Indian Motorcycles

Iron Pony

For immediate release 01/29/2014

On Your Mark, Get Set, Indian Motorcycles!

Pony Powersports Revs Revs Up for Riding Season with the Addition of Indian Motorcycles

Columbus, Ohio - January 2014

Iron Pony Motorsports and Pony Powersports welcome Indian Motorcycles of Columbus

Iron Pony Motorsports Group's dealership division, Pony Powersports, adds the historic Indian Motorcycle brand to their impressive selection of motorcycles, ATVs, scooters and utility vehicles. Indian Motorcycles of Columbus is immediately open for business, with the highly anticipated 2014 models arriving soon.

Indian Motorcycles of Columbus will find its new home within the Iron Pony Motorsports complex. This award winning, motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel superstore has grown to become one of the nation's best destinations for all things motorcycle. Indian Motorcycles is America's oldest brand of motorcycles with a rich history going back to its inception in 1901. Originally based in Springfield Massachusetts, Indian Motorcycles are still 100% American made in Spirit Lake Iowa. Indian Motorcycles embody the spirit of freedom and excitement and helped America develop its passion for the adventure of the open road.

Iron Pony Motorsports Group is based in Columbus Ohio and has been family owned and operated for nearly 40 years. Iron Pony was named the #1 motorcycle dealer in the nation in 2011 by Dealernews. Iron Pony Motorsports, Pony Powersports, Iron Pony Direct, Iron Pony Riding Academy, and EagleRider Columbus offer riding enthusiasts a one-stop destination for the best the powersports industry has to offer.

www.ironpony.com

www.ponypowersports.com

www.ip-ra.com

www.eaglerider.com/columbus

• Upvote 1

Thanks Scott. It is going to be good.

The bikes are really neat and there seems to be a great deal of excitement about them.

Given Polaris and Victorys proven track record we expect them to do well.

The orders are placed. We hope to see the initial bikes in the next 30 days or so.  

• Upvote 1

M-quick we're excited about the ACE too. Polaris is really great about creating new categories and having continual product development. They just never stop bringing neat stuff. If you guys have not heard of it do a quick search of Polaris Slingshot. Really different, and perhaps not on every motorcyclist's wish list, but it might be really cool to open people's eyes to alternative transportation. The Slingshot is supposed to be a 2015 model released late this summer. I'll post up when the first ACE comes in, I'm not certain about the timeline.

Max, the orders are placed, but you know how things go. I have been told around the middle of Feb, but I'd hate to "promise" that. I'd say we'll have bikes here the first week of March for sure.

I know two of the first bikes will be demos.

Victory demo truck will be here on May 3-4, but that is a different program than the Indian demo. We have a commitment on the Indian truck for this summer/fall, but I don't have a date yet.

JohnG, sure I'll posts it up and you guys can watch us pull the first ones out of the crates if you want.   

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping our fingers crossed for a couple of the new Indians to arrive tomorrow.......That is what we have been told, but you know how things can go sometime.

Please excuse our construction when you come in, the new Indian showroom is quite a project and things are a bit of a mess.

We're really excited about the bikes getting here and will probably uncrate them right away. Of course I'll take photos, but I'll try to give you a heads up so if you're local you can come over and see them being uncrated.     

post-11659-0-13040700-1392132513_thumb.j

Pokey, there is an old French proverb that escapes me at the moment, but it basically says "the sun can shine on everyone"

I think the Indians will take a bite out of HDs market share, but HD has a ton of it, it might sting a little, but that is about it.  

We love HDs too. 

Competition is good. I would say that Victory has pushed HD to make some pretty big changes in the last 10 years.

In my opinion, even if you do not like Victory and are a faithful HD rider, you have benefited from Victory's success in the heavyweight touring/cruiser market.

I expect the same will happen with Indian.

Competition is great for the rider.  

• Upvote 1

Pokey, there is an old French proverb that escapes me at the moment, but it basically says "the sun can shine on everyone"

Le soleil luit pour tout le monde.   The sun shines for one and all.

Edited by Tonik