New "old" guy here from Cincy

DB_ZX10r

Hello Everyone, I'm Dan and I'm located on the north side of Cincinnati.

I just found this forum through the Mid-Ohio web page.

Bikes I've owned

77 Kawasaki KH400 (3 cyclinder 2 stroke)

82 Honda CB900F

85 Kawasaki 900 Ninja

92 Honda CBR900rr

94 Kawasaki ZX10r Ninja

2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

2004 Kawasaki ZX10r Ninja (still have it..... it's set up for the track)

2008 Kawasaki Concours14

2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Valquero (still have it)

Wow...... looking at that list I just realized I bought all those bikes brand new too lol

Well, hope to be seeing some of you up at Mid-Ohio..... and if anyone is in the Cincy area and wants to go riding (when it warms up that is) the wife and I love to just cruise around on the Vaquero.

Edited by DB_ZX10r

:welcomeor: Got any pics of that old H4? Loved those old widowmakers. See ya at MidO in July

No I don't...... it was an experience...... a 16 yr old kid learning how to ride a motorcycle....... well........ surprised I never hurt myself on it lol.

That's one hell of a learner bike :eek:

Yes it was...... In 1977 I walked into a Kawasaki dealership in Buena Park, California wanting to buy a KZ400. The salesman talked me into the KH and that was that lol. The sad part was the salesman didn't even care if I could ride or even had a licence. I remember trying to leave the dealership and kept stalling the bike......... and the salesman just standing there saying....... you'll get the hang of it. I'm fortunate I picked up riding pretty quickly and never killed myself on it. I look back now and think the salesmen need to be held accountable somehow.  Nowadays, any young kid with no motorcycle riding experience can walk into a dealership with 10 to 13 thousand and ride out with a bullet between their legs....... just ain't right.

.Nowadays, any young kid with no motorcycle riding experience can walk into a dealership with 10 to 13 thousand and ride out with a bullet between their legs....... just ain't right.

10-13k? You mean $0 in pocket, and a $99/month minimum payment on their Kawasaki credit card.

The first 6 months is 0% interest. Then it jumps to 19%, and they want $9k for their bike on CL, because that's what they owe - it has to be worth that much <eye roll>

• 4 weeks later...