Miserable Ohio

Casper

I can think of states Id probably be more miserable in than Ohio.

I lived in West Virginia for 18 years and although it's stunningly beautiful and the people are super kind, it's a hell of a place to make a living unless you're in a big city with white collar skills, and even then Ohio's better.  Unless you own a coal-related business, that is...

My plan is to move out of Ohio and head to North Carolina. I'm sick of this state.

NC was my #2 pick... If I ever get tired of the desert, that's probably where I'll end up

I've been eyeing NC, SC, and GA.

I guess it's time to pack up, head to NC and start NCriders.  Or everyone just scatter and call it NOR - NOT Ohio Riders!  LOL

Seriously though, NC would be near the top of my list if we were to decide to get out of Ohio.

I lived in West Virginia for 18 years and although it's stunningly beautiful and the people are super kind, it's a hell of a place to make a living unless you're in a big city with white collar skills, and even then Ohio's better.  Unless you own a coal-related business, that is...

Agree.  I drive through WV a couple times a year and its a beautiful drive.  I just dont know how people make a living there because unless you work at a university or work in a mine, what options do you really have?

Edited by Bakemono

Personally, if money were no object or if I got an awesome job offer, Id love to live on the west coast, either in northern California or Seattle.  It have be a heck of a job, especially if it were in California though.  Ive got friends who live in Cali who make what I consider to be a lot of money and they still just barely get by.  The cost of living out there is crazy.

Thats one of the really nice things about Ohio: the cost of living and the houses are pretty cheap compared to other parts of the country.  Honestly, thats one of the things that may keep me in Ohio for a long time.