Miserable Ohio

Casper

Sounds like you need to explore other states more lol

Oh I have explored my fair share, but have yet to head out West yet. I have been all throughout the NE of country clear up into Maine, and have explored most of the Southern and SE part of the country. Ohio has some great roads to ride, very technical and poorly marked roads at that. :)

Oh I agree, Ohio has plenty of awesome roads... I was commenting on the "breath taking and remarkable" comment

Getting stuck behind Amish buggy's is pretty breathtaking and remarkable. LOL

• Upvote 1

Ohio has nine months of winter, three weeks of

summer, and the rest of the year is just cold and wet.

I want longer summers and shorter winters for riding.

I'm glad I'm not making bike payments for something

sitting in the garage for a large part of the year. 

Somewhere south is calling my name.  If only Mexico

was a safer place to live...

Go spend a few years living in Wisconsin, Minnesota or North Dakota and then talk to me about Ohio's, "9 months of winter".  Id contend that native Ohioans dont know what a real winter is.

Maybe its worse if you live in Cleveland or Toledo but I find winters in Columbus to be very mild.

Edited by Bakemono

Go spend a few years living in Wisconsin, Minnesota or North Dakota and then talk to me about Ohio's, "9 months of winter". Id contend that native Ohioans dont know what a real winter is.

Maybe its worse if you live in Cleveland or Toledo but I find winters in Columbus to be very mild.

It's enough winter to keep most of us from riding. That's too much winter.

• Upvote 1

Now now.....it is not that bad here. We all have our panties in a bunch, because we actually had Winter this year.

i love ohio.

lake erie and the islands, hocking hills, lake hope, cedar point, skyline chili, OSU, USAF museum, cleveland metroparks and the zoo, cuyahoga valley natl park, north market, mid ohio, i could go on and on. 

haters gonna hate i guess. oh well.. sucks to be you lol.

• Upvote 1

i love ohio.

lake erie and the islands, hocking hills, lake hope, cedar point, skyline chili, OSU, USAF museum, cleveland metroparks and the zoo, cuyahoga valley natl park, north market, mid ohio, i could go on and on. 

Id be willing to bet 90% of the people who say Ohio sucks have never ever been here.

• Upvote 1

I ride my bikes all year with heated gear, about 20,000 miles a year...except for this winter. My street had snow and ice on it for about 10 weeks straight. Yep, it was a rough winter, but most are mild enough to ride if you have the proper gear. I save my major maintenance for early spring so I can thoroughly clean, lube and repair any corrosion. I refuse to let my bikes sit all winter.

i love ohio.

Cosi, R&R Hall of Fame, Salt Fork and Mohican state parks, lots of great mountain biking and kayaking, golfing, music and arts venues, plenty of stuff to do for the kids, most of it is pretty safe by national standards, great local produce and livestock... I could go on.  As I mentioned above, I grew up in WV and while its mountains sing to my soul more than Ohio's farmland has, I prefer Ohio.  That doesn't mean I won't move elsewhere someday, but for now, I think it's a great state.  I bet a lot of folks will feel better in a month when they's actually riding every week.

Cosi, R&R Hall of Fame, Salt Fork and Mohican state parks, lots of great mountain biking and kayaking, golfing, music and arts venues, plenty of stuff to do for the kids, most of it is pretty safe by national standards, great local produce and livestock... I could go on.  As I mentioned above, I grew up in WV and while its mountains sing to my soul more than Ohio's farmland has, I prefer Ohio.  That doesn't mean I won't move elsewhere someday, but for now, I think it's a great state.  I bet a lot of folks will feel better in a month when they's actually riding every week.

And the incredible roads of WV are very close by for many of us here too. :)