Fast Bike vs Fast Rider

Casper

When we moved to the neighborhood, I characteristically made an instant enemy.  Three doors down is a car drag racer.  Nice enough guy.  So we're bench racing out in the driveway, and I make a crack about "yeah, anybody can go fast in a straight line".   Eight years later and he still hasn't gotten over it.  Though he's still actively racing and I havent' been on a track in a few years, and only for a track day back then.  

I agree with the generalization that drag racing is "easy," but only until the equipment is good enough to start demanding serious skill.  Even with the greatest car or bike of all time, I would find it improbable that man of us could lay down a 9 second run just because the bike was capable of it.

that is why I like road racing better.  The XR100 is not fast, but it's still not easy to ride it around a road course.  It would be easy (and even boring) to drag race it.  That effect can be seen on 250's, 650's, and on up the line until you find a bike that is big enough to be "fun" to drag race.

I watched "The world's fastest indian" last night, so I'm feeling mildly more respect for the high-speed straight-line racers than I ordinarily might :p

Easy or not, still fun to perfect your skill, improve times, see your bike get faster... And it's not like racing from a light... When you roll up to the line, the adrenaline is awesome... Never done a road course track day, but I'd take a day of riding at the strip over a day on twisty roads... To each their own, but I find drag racing quite fun

if my race starts are any indication, i can see why drag racing is a challenge.  a different kind of challenge, but difficult nonetheless.

that said, it still takes WAY MORE FUCKING BALLS to road race, so suck it you straight line bitchcakes.

just because you're a bitchy little bitchcakes doesn't mean you take your eyes off your goals of balancing clutch, gas, and timing for an orgasm inducing .25 miles. because for those 10 seconds or less (or more), you're free.

• Upvote 1

if my race starts are any indication, i can see why drag racing is a challenge.  a different kind of challenge, but difficult nonetheless.

that said, it still takes WAY MORE FUCKING BALLS to road race, so suck it you straight line bitchcakes.

just because you're a bitchy little bitchcakes doesn't mean you take your eyes off your goals of balancing clutch, gas, and timing for an orgasm inducing .25 miles. because for those 10 seconds or less (or more), you're free.

Probably true.  But you have a kid on the way.  How does any of this apply to you :)

• Upvote 1