Might need to look for a new job

Bad324

yeah...I'd rather slam my fingers in a car door than work in a union.

You have a lot of options with your degree and title of Project Manager (my background is similar).  Lots of HR/Payroll/Healthcare companies use PM's when they sell their

services to new businesses.   

• Upvote 1

IT + PMP = gold. ----  In IT, software, engineering, aerospace, the PMP is good to have. (I got mine.) 

--- Project management in  healthcare IT is hot. So is the mobile app segment. 

PMI.org

Damn, somebody on this board knows what a PMP is.  :crazy:

Bad,

-- Check around in project management and health care and see what pops up. 

- Also, as mentioned before, nowadays, a full Linkedin profile is a must. 

- Join local job hunt groups in Linkedin in your town. Also there should be network groups in your town too. Also join.

- Get out the resume, and work on it. Google - Top ten resume writers and steal their examples, model 

yours after one of the first few that you like. Make sure that you like it. Be wary of resume writers. Most are doing that

because they cant get a real job and are terrible. Also most will tell you that your resume is bad so they can get your

business. Beware. 

- Post on Monster, Careerbuilder.

- Scan - Indeed.com - Simply Hired.com

- Network your ass off. 

- There are job groups everywhere. Join one. 

- That's just a start.

Just throwing out there, from someone who has just been there, done that, recently. 

GL

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I think it is time to bump this up again. We are nearing a sale of the company and leaves some uncertainty for me so figured I would start looking what other opportunities may be out there

Serious question: do you know what your ideal

job would be?

Serious answer: nope. The closest I've found is a position at GOJO I just applied for

Somewhat serious: I'm a work to live guy, not a live to work guy and that feeling only intensified after work basically killed my step dad. In a perfect world id keep the same salary I have, keep a company vehicle and cell phone all while putting forth 110% effort for 40hrs a week and not have work follow me home from the office constantly

I'd gladly accept a job making good money that I don't hate and can support my family and hobbies no matter what it actually is. Go in, give my all and do my best work so the employer is pleased and go home and sleep well at night

Dude, get on indeed.com and post a resume. There are tons of jobs out there. I get offers almost daily.

Never heard of it before so looks like I'll look into that tomorrow

I know a number of places that are good to work, but none of them pay all that well.

Good luck. I count myself lucky to have more days that I enjoy my job than days I have to REMIND myself I enjoy my job.

I make under $50k and have a doctorate (technically). Again, good luck.

I think it is time to bump this up again. We are nearing a sale of the company and leaves some uncertainty for me so figured I would start looking what other opportunities may be out there

Would you be interested in project managment/coordination? We are always looking for good imdevidules and I need someone is this role in a bad way!

Would you be interested in project managment/coordination? We are always looking for good imdevidules and I need someone is this role in a bad way!

I would certainly listen to what all would be involved in that position! Then it just comes down to where, how much and bene's. If you want to PM me more details that would be great!

I would certainly listen to what all would be involved in that position! Then it just comes down to where, how much and bene's. If you want to PM me more details that would be great!

Your inbox is full...

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered buying it?

Me buying the company? Hell no I have zero interest in that. I honestly don't think it would even be an option anyway. We've had several offers of investors wanting to buy and have my mom and I run it but that is a last ditch option. At this point I'm 50/50 if I even have any desire to stay at all. The group we think is going to end up buying it has already offered and wants me to stay on in my same capacity with some added responsibilities but other than keeping my salary and perks, I don't know if it's worth my sanity

Yes I'm hoping once all this is in the rear view and the wedding is over with, my schedule opens up already. The last couple months have worn on me pretty good

• 1 month later...