What's good to do in Dayton?

Ryan_c_F

My dad and I are thinking about taking an overnight trip down to D-town and seeing the Air Force museum.

Figuring that we'll get down to the area around 9-10:00 on a Friday night, grab a hotel, snag some drinks and a cigar somewhere and do the museum Saturday.

What should we make time to see while we're in town? Where are the best steaks in town?

If you're still in town around 5 stop by little York tavern for the meet. Lot of good places to eat, as for what to see it depends. The art museum, Scene 75, not much more than that. Just stay out of the west side of Dayton.

The Chop house has great steaks. Its over by the Dayton Mall. Also Bravo in the Mall parking lot has an excellent fillet mignon for an Italian restaurant. 

Edited by 20thGix

If you're still in town around 5 stop by little York tavern for the meet. Lot of good places to eat, as for what to see it depends. The art museum, Scene 75, not much more than that. Just stay out of the west side of Dayton.

There's a meet going on? Must be warmer in Dayton than in Cleveland, haha.

It's not going to be this weekend... we're undedcided as to exactly WHEN we're going, just that it's a good first intermediate distance ride for me. I've never done a multiple-tank-of-gas ride before and don't want to find out that my seat sucks when we're halfway to New York, haha.

During my 5 years at UD (10 years ago now), I seem to recall a nice steak at Geez Grill & Pub at 5841 Far Hills Ave. 

It would be a "local" place as opposed to a chain.  It's hidden off the west side of the street behind a coffee shop and a strip mall.

also, thanks google for helping me "remember" the address.

Cocos is a really nice place to eat. Dublin pub is cool. I am personally a big fan of Tanks Bar and Grill. There is also some place called Wheat Penny. I haven't been there but have heard its good. First and last are fancy yuppy local restaurants. The middle are bars with good food. Pick your poisons.

Cocos is a really nice place to eat. Dublin pub is cool. I am personally a big fan of Tanks Bar and Grill. There is also some place called Wheat Penny. I haven't been there but have heard its good. First and last are fancy yuppy local restaurants. The middle are bars with good food. Pick your poisons.

Disappointed in myself for forgetting about Tanks... they have some tasty burgers, and other sandwiches, and a website: tanksbarandgrill.com

find some skanks on the UD campus.

But for real, the bar scene near campus might be a LOT of fun if you can get there during the OSU v. UD matchup for the tournament.  That might be before you get there though...

Winner plays Saturday.   If that ends up being Dayton, it will be a mad house.

find some skanks on the UD campus.

But for real, the bar scene near campus might be a LOT of fun if you can get there during the OSU v. UD matchup for the tournament.  That might be before you get there though...

Winner plays Saturday.   If that ends up being Dayton, it will be a mad house.

NM

Edited by YSR_Racer_99