Hoblick, new tat idea

Casper

Haha, I'll only get a tattoo if it means something to me. The only two ideas I've seriously considered is that twist and arrow on my right hand (but won't do that because of the potential stigma) or my Korean name in Korean on my right bicep.

Sent from my iPhone.

Awesome idea but could be a job killer during an interview...

I think the world is softening on this.

I know the official who conducted my interview would not have liked any visible tattoos, but he is aware that many of his employees (particularly the women in our office) have them in places that they need to be actively concealed (i.e. upper back, above the collar line, wrist, foot, etc.). 

Other people I interact with daily have visible tattoos on their wrists, feet, etc. and no one really even notices.  Social workers and probation officers to name two professions.  Some of the people from the juvenile placement facilities have facial tattoos.  I'm guessing their background accounts for those, and part of the reason they have the job is based on some past experience that gives them credibility with the kids.

But overall, I don't think tattoos will be a big deal in the work place in the next 20 years.  The generation who views it as scandalous is retiring.  I don't think it's professional, but I also don't look down on people for their decisions that don't affect me.

The company I work for (Hyland) people have full sleeves, chest tats etc all the way through the upper level management but I am well aware my company is far from the norm in terms of dress code and company culture.

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

I run a construction company and I will not hire someone with tats on there face or neck. I have tattoos, and it doesn't bother me in the least if you do BUT it is very hard to send someone in a corporate building as a representative of you that has facial tats. just my opinion.