Perry State Forest

M_Quick

Around 4 yrs. back I went, and wasn't to impressed. Last year we revisted, and they have made great improvements. I still like WNF better, but Perry opens tomorrow! And you dont need a trail pass. So I like to go the 1st week if weather is decent. Perry is still geared toward bikes and 4X4's imo, but still fun for the sport quads. I'm probably going to swap out my tires to the skinnier ones. Cause there is alot of tight trails with trees in the way.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by M_Quick

Never been to Perry but would be interested to do a day ride there and check it out.

Also last year they added a loading dock, and were building a new bathroom that may be done now. I will post up if going for sure. If you decide to go I'd bring your 4X4 for sure, but there are some nice climbs for the sport. Alot I just cruise by and shake my head. So idk you may want to haul them both. There are 2 parts to Perry and you park in the middle, so the truck is never far away. That said Keith and I were lost in the maize last year for about a hour.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by M_Quick

Even though your never far away, I've heard of trucks getting broken into.  I guess fewer rangers to police the area.  I've been going to Perry for about 20 years and never had an issue though...knock on wood.  Lots of fun for the "harescramble" type riders.  Unfortunately I'm too busy to join you this spring Mick.  Maybe later.

Ended up going to Perry Sunday with just Keith. Joe couldn't get his quad together, and then around midnight decide to adjust the valves on his dirtbike. Steve's brakes were shot, and nobody stocked them locally. Perry was a muddy mess, some of the trails were decent. We found all kinds of newer trails we never saw last fall. I got hung up on a few tree's, and Keith had to get pulled out by a RzR. My front brakes started to fade around 2pm, and by 5:30 I had no front brakes and fluid was really low. I haven't looked at them yet, but just hoping it's pads again. I didn't get much video because of the conditions.  One video I was following Keith on his Trx700xx, and staying just behind his roost, or spray. I was thinking this will look cool on video, maybe some slow motion action. The mud was flying at least 15' high, and dropping right in front of me. Not knowing how clear my lens was I try to wipe my it clean, and put the 1st smear on it! And shortly afterwards, Keith gets hung up a little in a mud hole. And I drive right into the heavy spray!

Anyways here is a before and after photo of my quad. 

20140405_220723_zps7ea2e398-1.jpg

20140406_192839_zps2fdc040b.jpg

After spending several hours behind the power washer, iDT i will ever return to Perry. Heres a picture of my front caliper, after power washing the 1st time around.

20140408_171444_zps8e4acfb6.jpg

And a few minutes later, and a bit cleaner before reinstall.

20140408_180423_zpsb46fac61.jpg

And a picture of the new and old pads. 

20140408_174825_zpsc794023a.jpg

After I was done, I was afraid t look at the rear master cylinder, but I did and found the fluid level dangerously low,

20140408_184852_zpsd900a1b3-1.jpg

I sprayed quad off some more and changed the rears yesterday,

Hey Mick, do you know anything about stators? I have problems! Changed out the stator and the rectifier regulator over the weekend with a new one and I know I have it installed correctly. Problem I am having is the stock wiring harness and the new one on the new stator do not match up. I plugged everything in as I should and now I can turn my lights on without the key even being in the ignition and the quad just cranks over and does not start. I am lost and ready to give up. I need some help.

Start a thread about it in the tech section.

Yea good idea, I don't know much at all about electrical. Hell I'm using harbor freight magnetic tail light kit on my new trailer, cause the lights went out all but running lights!!

• Upvote 1