New to the forum, need to people to ride with, have no one.

claine650

Hello all, my name is Chad, I got my first street bike last October and have since ridden as much as I can weather permitting. Couldn't be happier this long drawn out winter has basically come to an end (fingers crossed).

Getting my bike (05 SV650N) right before winter and having a few months of riding did give me a chance to get used to it and also to change up some things on it while it sat in the garage. It got some fresh paint, new rear sets, handle bars, grips, and mirrors. I'm very happy with it now and don't have much else planned in the near future. long term I will do a gsxr front end swap and rear, when the time, funds, and willingness are there.

Currently, I have no friends who ride, or even acquainces. So I joined this forum to meet some people and have some good experiences.

I wish everyone a happy, safe, and long riding season!

post-17592-13965415936219.jpg

• Upvote 1

West Chester, or mason. I live right off I-75 and 275.

So like 15 min from Cincinnati.

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

I live in that area too.

Where 75 meets 129.

There's plenty of us in that area and you're more than welcome to come on a Sunday ride to ky w/ the group.

Welcome! I'm not far from you at all though I no longer have a bike I have some friends that ride in the area. I'm in the process of getting my car to the point where I can follow in the twisties better than it does already. Keep an eye out for a blacked out CTS with OR stickers on it an you found me :lol:

Ride safe and ATGATT!

Ok awesome guys, I'll definitely be getting in touch. I need to get some long rides with company under my belt.

I knew there had to be plenty of people around me who ride, I've seen tons of people roll into cycle specialties, just never had a means of meeting anyone really..

But yeah, keep me posted on the next ride.

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I'm not far from you at all though I no longer have a bike I have some friends that ride in the area. I'm in the process of getting my car to the point where I can follow in the twisties better than it does already. Keep an eye out for a blacked out CTS with OR stickers on it an you found me :lol:

Ride safe and ATGATT!

What do you have planned for your CTS man?

I've also got an s14 240sx with an SR20 swap, it will eat up twisties sideways or not lol. that and my bike will be my summer fun.

That is indeed a tastefully modded SV. 

Ive been riding for a similar period of time as you and plan fucking off work for some half-days of riding this spring.  I am in Columbus, which is about equidistant from you location to Hocking and points east.  Keep your eye out for some impromptu rides posted here and maybe we'll meet up.

That is indeed a tastefully modded SV.

Ive been riding for a similar period of time as you and plan fucking off work for some half-days of riding this spring. I am in Columbus, which is about equidistant from you location to Hocking and points east. Keep your eye out for some impromptu rides posted here and maybe we'll meet up.

Thank you kind sir, and yes I've already seen plans on a hocking hills ride from Springfield on may 17th I believe meeting at competition accessories, I'll be attending that should nothing get in my way.

What do you have planned for your CTS man?

I've also got an s14 240sx with an SR20 swap, it will eat up twisties sideways or not lol. that and my bike will be my summer fun.

Right now it's getting the sound system squared away lol but first on the list is Eibach springs then better rotor and pads and finally Eibach sway bars.

Gotcha, yeah getting lower and stiffer make a world of difference when taking corners. I like the CTS tho that's a nice car. I wonder if you could swap calipers and rotors from the CTS-V for the 13" rotor an 4 piston calipers, that'd be a good upgrade for stopping.

Gotcha, yeah getting lower and stiffer make a world of difference when taking corners. I like the CTS tho that's a nice car. I wonder if you could swap calipers and rotors from the CTS-V for the 13" rotor an 4 piston calipers, that'd be a good upgrade for stopping.

It's do-able but not finacially worth it. I'm just going to switch to cross drilled rotors and performance pads, it stops pretty well on it's own as it is now. Having the stock sport suspension has made the twisties do-able but the springs alone will improve it greatly. First need to get the subs all situated so I can bump while I go down a backroad

It's do-able but not finacially worth it. I'm just going to switch to cross drilled rotors and performance pads, it stops pretty well on it's own as it is now. Having the stock sport suspension has made the twisties do-able but the springs alone will improve it greatly. First need to get the subs all situated so I can bump while I go down a backroad

yeah true, that stuff is pricey.

Haha but yeah, a good sound system will always improve handling too, gets you in the zone lol

• Upvote 1

yeah true, that stuff is pricey.

Haha but yeah, a good sound system will always improve handling too, gets you in the zone lol

Exactly! :lol:

Just need a new box and amp and maybe another run of 4ga and it's all done.

Welcome to a life-long addiction!  There's probably more people here on OR that are Cbus-based or farther north, but a small crew based in Cinti.  Riding with a group can be a mixed blessing.  Ride your own pace and NEVER feel pressure to keep up to a pace you're not comfortable with.  You'll quickly find people that your riding style blends well with and those are the ones to hang with.

Some other forums that are more geographically located in Cinti are the Assfault Junkies and LocalRiders.  AFJ is a younger, pretty active group that has quite a few track addicts, a few squids, and some newbs as well.  There seems to be some hard feelings on OR toward the Junkie clan, but it's more representative of the way the group rode years ago; they've toned down the insanity quite a bit over the last few years.  Some very good riders and always an active ride list several times a week during the season.  Typically ride in NKY on the weekends and a regular bike night gathering on Wed on the east side.  

LocalRiders is an older (???) much smaller group with a less active membership than AFJ, but those that ride are very experienced and have a wealth of knowledge about routes that follow the twisty ways around NKY and beyond.  Watch for posted rides--they'll take you on some awesome roads!  I presume you're familiar with the QSL Bike nights at Milford and Colerain--mostly pirate gatherings, but OK to hit once in awhile to be immersed in chrome, loud pipes and leather gear with tassels….

EuroBike night is in downtown Milford the last Tues of every month from 5ish till dark, and the Comet on Hamilton in Northside has Bike night every Tuesday eve--great burritos and an eclectic selection of micro-brews.

• Upvote 1

...I'm having knee surgery in a few weeks but by the beginning of May, I should be good to start riding again.

Warning:  Threadjack!

Joe:  DON'T DO IT!!!  Stay away from guys who make their living with sharp knives.  It's far more acceptable in society nowadays to simple walk like a cripple and medicate with good drugs.

Warning:  Threadjack!

Joe:  DON'T DO IT!!!  Stay away from guys who make their living with sharp knives.  It's far more acceptable in society nowadays to simple walk like a cripple and medicate with good drugs.

Tell me about it...this makes surgery #3 on the same knee and same leg as the achilles surgery in 2012. I'm a mess.