Oil Change for a 2012 Triumph Daytona 675

katanafreak

Ok so as embarrassing as this is, Will someone help me with an oil change lol. I am about as mechanically stupid as you can get. I just never thought working on cars and what not was interesting so I never learned how. I have always took the bike to a dealership for work and maintenance. Last time I took it to a shop they f*cked it all up and had to get a lot redone over a long time. I got a free track suit out of it, but still lost the bike for awhile. Would anyone be willing to help me do just minor maintenance stuff? Like oil changes and I would love to set the spring up for me. Let me know! I have lots of alcohol and still have a lot of xmas ale. If hard liquor is your thing, I am stocked on that as well! lol. Thanks!

Peeps on the mobile version can't see location. You got all the stuff....oil, filter and crush washer? I can help sunday mid day. I'm in seven hills. But just the oil change.

Edited by Tonik

If you don't install a fresh washer at each oil change...you're a shitty hack.

Damn right man. It's 20 damn cents to do it right and you got it off aready. We are bikers, we obsess out doing our bikes maintenance correctly. Damn kids.

Yep.  Unless you use the last one and then forget to buy more before the next oil change.  Then you cuss, remember the parts guy telling you that he uses 'em over when he forgets, then just put the old one back on.  Correct procedure from that point is to become totally OCD about checking for leaks and reading the sight glass before, during and after a ride.

(600 posts - what an attention whore I am.)

Edited by DAC

if i can do it, you can do it.  for serial, the triumph has to be one of the easiest bikes on earth to do an oil changes on, unlike that god fucking awful kawi zx6r. god, that was just the worst.

Bandits, katana and old school gsxr are also a pain in the dick, especially if the dickhole before you over torqued the filter and you have to stab it repeatedly with screwdrivers and use them to loosen it. Ask me how I know. K&n oil filters ftw! That 17 mm hex makes it sooooo easy next oil change.

• Upvote 1

Even if you're OCD about the crush washer, you'll be fine if you miss it once or twice.

I've done countless oil changes on over a dozen of my vehicles and replaced the washer exactly twice in 19 years.  Never had a leak from the plug.  Just use a torque wrench.  A good calibrated forearm works too if you don't have a torque wrench! :)

I'm in parma. Can help with basic maintenance.

Actually wish you'd stopped by today. I've been in the garage for the last 2 hours messing with and cleaning up the katana.

Could have used an extra set o hands while your oil drained.