novice track wear

Raymond Sexauer

I am new to this forum looking to start some track days. I have read some of the post here and have a question about safety gear. Since I am new to track racing, I have helmet, boots,gloves, armored textile jacket. My question is about my chaps, Are leather chaps attached to my textile jacket approved for novice track days, not sure if I want to invest in complete race suit at this point.

I am new to this forum looking to start some track days. I have read some of the post here and have a question about safety gear. Since I am new to track racing, I have helmet, boots,gloves, armored textile jacket. My question is about my chaps, Are leather chaps attached to my textile jacket approved for novice track days, not sure if I want to invest in complete race suit at this point.

Chaps are not approved track gear.

1 piece suits or 2 piece that zip together completely are your only options to ride on a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're true chaps, I don't know of any orgs that will let you on track.

Textile 2-piece suits are allowed in most novice groups though.

Used suits can be had for pretty cheap, and like others have said, rentals are sometimes available.

Any name-brand suit should be fine. The only really negative reviews I've ever seen have been the Frank Thomas brand, and eBay no-name suits.

I am a 40 or 42.

height/weight?

I have an old 2-piece that I would lend you, but it's on the small side of 40...

I am 6' and around 175.  I haven't worn it since I was more like 185, but it was snug and a little short on me then.  Gauntlet gloves and proper riding boots made the length a non-issue.  I refer to it as my "rain suit," but I never really pack it, so it's just been in a closet.

2pc is way better for those dipping their toes.  that is why i think you should buy my 2pc alpinestars suit (size 42 US) instead of all these plebeian tattered up 1pc suits.

• 3 weeks later...