Motorcycle event in Piqua 9/19-20/14 pics included

snot

http://www.whio.com/news/events/festivals/motorcycle-event-to-ride-into-piqua-this-fall/nfR7z/

PIQUA — A new event celebrating motorcycling history and community is scheduled to roar into town Sept. 19-20.The concept for the Piqua BikeFest — One Hundred Years Later is based on local history, according to event organizers.In September 1914, the Hemm Brothers Harley-Davidson on North Main Street, now home to Piqua Granite, hosted a picnic with food, games and a ride around the local countryside.A commemorative photo of all participants and their motorcycles was taken that day. The Piqua BikeFest, now being planned, is promised to be a historic equivalent of that day, and more.Plans so far include:• A re-creation of the original picture on the site of the original picture• A bike show and stunt riders• Bands, food and vendorsOrganizers emphasize the event will be for people of all ages and those with or without a motorcycle.Activities are being planned for the city’s downtown and Gover Harley-Davidson on U.S. 36 east of Interstate 75.Gover-Harley Davidson has been in the community more than a dozen years. Jim Gover Jr., owner, is BikeFest committee vice president.Dean Lyman, a partner owner of Francis Office Supply downtown, is a BikeFest committee member. Organizers are reaching out to local clubs and organizations that might be interested in using the event as a fund-raising activity, she said.As the new event takes shape, updates will be posted on the event Facebook page and website, www.piquabikefest.com. For information about being a sponsor or vendor, contact Iron Cowboy Productions at 937-381-9389. For additional information or to volunteer, contact Jim Gover Jr. or Greg Foughty at 937-773-8733. - See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/events/festivals/motorcycle-event-to-ride-into-piqua-this-fall/nfR7z/#sthash.RDF9SGQd.dpuf

Edited by snot

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I wont be there with the wife and daughter, I'm lucky enough to have to work 10hrs Saturday.....but my father will be there with them to kick folks around in my stead :D

Thanks for the out of kitchen pass. I will make you a steak wrapped in bacon for dinner.

Kind of intrigued with the last two photos. The clampet bike appears to have a Mercedes Benz diesel as it's heart. The bottom picture , the red suzuki looks as if someone has transplanted a 2 smoke...

I believe the bottom one was a large snowmobile engine.  It had a pull start.

Kind of intrigued with the last two photos. The clampet bike appears to have a Mercedes Benz diesel as it's heart. The bottom picture , the red suzuki looks as if someone has transplanted a 2 smoke...

Ask Jason about this he kind of pissed the guy off. Lol

I believe the bottom one was a large snowmobile engine.  It had a pull start.

Talked to the owner that Friday evening. The burgundy bike was an older Suzuki VX800 frame, 900cc triple Arctic Cat 2stroke, with a custom stretched swingarm. He said it's about 180hp and geared to run up to 150mph. The primary cover was huge, but it's a centrifugal clutch snowmobile powerplant so there's no shifting to be done. Had a thumb throttle too. Clean build, but a wild concept.