2003 Honda VFR800 Interceptor - **Sold**

DAC

What are your thoughts so far on the CB1100 now that you've had it for several weeks?

Awesome bike, very versatile.  Good torque from very low revs and very smooth.  Ergos that fit me perfectly and allow longer rides more comfortably.  Easy to work on.  But I sort of knew all that going in.  Love the UJM look too.

The surprise is how competent it is from a handling standpoint.  I put myself in the slow group on the epic ride since the CB was so new to me.  Before the middle of the ride I was comfy.  I'm no knee dragger, but it felt really good.  That torque helped - in the twisties, you can almost put it in 3rd and forget it. 

Also, I forgot the odd "low bike awareness" that naked bikes give.  Find myself almost forgetting it's there on the road sometimes - like flying through space.  On the VFR, I was down in the machine more and always seemed to feel its presence - not a bad thing at all on that one.

I want to put more miles on it but I've managed 1,000 so far.

Glad you're enjoying it! I was excited for you after we talked at Hoblick's. I still owned my CB700SC when Honda announced the CB1100 for 2013 and I thought it felt great at the Cleveland show, then when they announced the improvements for 2014, I knew it was going to become a classic for anyone who appreciates the look combined with modern features.

• Upvote 1