greetings from canton!

thatsquid00

ey guys names Jeff. Last march I bought my first bike ever, 2000 Gsxr 600. (Didn't get it cause I'm a Gsxr fanboy lol) I picked the bike up for only a grand with 19k on it. Once I figure out how to upload pics I will. I only consider myself a decent rider. Would love to try sine track days once I do a few more things to the bike. I know it's outdated but it's the first bike bond and I love the older bikes. Would love to meet up with some riders. Use to do slot if riding down south and know some routes by w.v. hope to meet some people soon

Another squid on a gsxr....

Welcome from massillon. I'll ride with you if you're not actually a squid.

We'll I said I only been rising for a year now, I don't know what most people consider a squid. But what's with this hate on Gsxr. Hell I would have gotten the bike if it was a r6, cbr, or zx6 if it was for a grand. Opportunity came so I jumped on it. :)

Bienvenidos. I work in massillon. You don't happen to ever ride with a dude on an 03-04 636 on 30W to 21N do you? Maybe a week or two ago between 4-5pm

no sir that was not me. All I have to ride with is my brother but he is that guy trying to do wheelies down the road and thinks he's invincible swerving in and it off traffic. So I guess he's more the squid lol..

A squid usually refers to riders that don't wear gear and do jackass shit like stunt on public streets or do a billion mph down 77. They also generally can't lean a bike through the twisties to save their lives.

well it looks like I picked the wrong name, I don't know what the term squid meant so I guess I'm just kinds new lol. That's my bro you described. I can lean a bit. But sadly I got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of tie I have left to hit. I'm getting there. Last season I just wanted to learn the bike before trying to push it

Welcome! GSXr's are great bikes!  I love seeing old well maintained/restored bikes on the road.  I've gone a million mph down 77. Just not in traffic and not in city limits. I don't weave traffic and don't really care about stunts.  I can corner decent but still have a strip of tire that I need to aquire the guts and skill to get down to. I always wear my gear. Even if I'm just riding down the street to the GetGo. This a great bunch here! They have a lot of knowledge and the few I have met so far can really ride!  Don't be afraid to ask questions! You will always get a legit question answered here. They might give you some crap and take some shots but it's all in good fun. Know your limits!  Take your time and learn at your own pace!  Listen to people here and learn from their mistakes and experience.

• Upvote 1

no sir that was not me

Good because I didn't want to have to unleash the angry Mexican on a noob who's life I saved because they ride like a fucking asshole Edited by Bad324

Jd724, sounds like we're somewhat alike. I use to roll with just a helmet, then girlfriend got me gloves. Once I got the jacket too I can't ride without all three.

Oh yeah, if you need any maintenance or mechanical work done let me know, I'm close, my work is good and my prices are fair.

I'll give you a holler if I need help. I love doing work myself but if I can't figure it out you'll get a pm lol

Greetings.  You are close to Nelson and Mid-O, so crack open your wallet and do a track day.  It's fun and a great learning experience.

I can't wait for a track day. Sadly I just heard about them and don't have a full suit yet. Before I go out there I want to upgrade brakes a bit and check over a few others. Next month I should be getting bike on a dyno and have jetkit installed and tuned. So track days won't come til next year when I got full gear and bike maintenance complete.

Good because I didn't want to have to unleash the angry Mexican on a noob who's life I saved because they ride like a fucking asshole

Lol. I will speed but not around others. Why I came here looking for new riders. The way my brother rides isn't really my style.