N2 trackdays at BeaveRun PIRC 5/24 - 5/25

F4iguy

Might as well do it now. Better than trying to scrounge up yellow duct tape for number plates and making numbers out of electrical tape the morning of a race.

it's always good to just have yellow tape around anyway...  I had to turn 524 into 521 the morning of my last motoseries event.  Easy enough change with a minimal amount of tape.

So the plates just need to be yellow right? Since I didnt buy the license yet I dont have a number reserved so I might as well get them blank so I can change the number to whatever if I have to.

correct.   I believe MotoSeries rules are essentially the same as WERA rules, but:

Amateurs must run yellow plates, and experts must run white plates.  You're also not supposed to have a serif on any number "1" and the numbers are supposed to be spaced a certain way, and be larger than humanly possible on most modern sport bike tail sections.

If you plan to run with MS just follow the rule book.

All Novice riders are required to have a black number on a yellow background.

Number Plates must be clear and easily readable from 100 feet. All motorcycles must display three separate number plates; one on the front and one on each side, tail section preferred. Numbers must be as large as possible to fill required Number Plate areas. Numbers must be a minimum of 4" tall with a minimum 1/2" spacing between numbers and the background border.  For Novices this does not mean outline, a continuous yellow background must encompass the entire number group with no voids so that there can be no confusion to be mistaken as an expert custom color. Side number plates not able to fit properly on the tail section must be visible when the rider is in riding position on lower fairings. 

whhhahttt?

til the yellow plates pass you... on a 2 wave start.  then it's not so great.

maybe you should just let Dan have your number and plates...saves him some effort since you won't be using them

• 2 weeks later...

oh yeah, i forgot about this.  i'm out, family coming in from out of town, also, i just blew a few grand in pittsburgh (fucking ikea and fucking babymoon, whatever that is) and i'm not giving any more of my money to that general region until i have my baby/racing budget equalized and stable.  this fucking baby better love all this fucking ikea shit we just bought her.  fucking fuck.