N2 trackdays at BeaveRun PIRC 5/24 - 5/25

F4iguy

oh yeah, i forgot about this.  i'm out, family coming in from out of town, also, i just blew a few grand in pittsburgh (fucking ikea and fucking babymoon, whatever that is) and i'm not giving any more of my money to that general region until i have my baby/racing budget equalized and stable.  this fucking baby better love all this fucking ikea shit we just bought her.  fucking fuck.

HAHA, it's just starting brother.  This is all just the beginning, and no, they don't like anything you spend your hard earned cash on.  They still cry, spit up, don't sleep, get sick all the time, and never sleep.

Good luck.

Just signed myself up for Sunday the 25th.

I'd offer up spots in the trailer but I'm staying down in the Pittsburgh area after the trackday. My buddy is starting a brewery and Sunday is the grand opening.

Just signed myself up for Sunday the 25th.

I'd offer up spots in the trailer but I'm staying down in the Pittsburgh area after the trackday. My buddy is starting a brewery and Sunday is the grand opening.

You ride advance with Nesba/N2? I'm still in intermediate. If by chance they still had you in intermediate wouldn't mind some tows if you had some time.

You ride advance with Nesba/N2? I'm still in intermediate. If by chance they still had you in intermediate wouldn't mind some tows if you had some time.

I've actually never ridden with them before. The only option when I signed up was novice/intermediate so looks like I'm in intermediate. I'll be happy to give you a tow.

I've actually never ridden with them before. The only option when I signed up was novice/intermediate so looks like I'm in intermediate. I'll be happy to give you a tow.

They're pretty strict about "bumping up". They made me go in novice because that's what I ran last year. I have to get evaluated and then approved to bump up to intermediate.

from the comments there seems to be a red flag.....here is the solution FUCKING SIGNAL WHEN YOU MAKE THE DECISION TO COME OFF TRACK.

The moment you see some reason you are getting off track, signal with an arm or a leg.

yeah, you look like an idiot, but that keeps the guy behind you from ass packing you.

I got shit at putnam form a race school student and I'm still dumbfounded as to why; I had a leg out in deadbear and every following corner...if you couldn't tell something was up, you are the idiot in this equation.

A race school student gave you shit? Did he end up getting a license, because this is a pretty simple fucking idea. You don't wait until you reach pit in to signal that you are leaving the track. Watched a dude do exactly that at Putnam right in front of Wayne at the end of the the 20. I was behind Wayne and he wasn't too thrilled about it. At my first track day with MS I waited a corner too late for Ray's liking to signal my track exit and he let me know about it, and it has stuck with me since. Didn't matter what I thought was the right time to signal if the guy behind me thought is was too late.

It was brought up in yesterdays meeting, the guy in the front chopped to go in the pit or because he saw the checkered flag, not sure which but it would be hard to see the flag from there.

Brandon, John, Tim and I were all there yesterday and the day was ran VERY well. Everything was organized great and the weather was perfect. I think Brandon ran a new best there and I did as well (1:06.5). We were nervous about the day when they said that you were not allowed to pass control riders unless they signaled you to pass, and they had ALOT of control riders (about 4 or 5 per session). But they did awesome and every chance they could they would turn around and let you pass, they all did a really nice job with that.

In the afternoon Brandon decided to bump to Advanced since you can only sign up for intermediate if you havent ridden with them before. To do so you need to speak with a control rider who will follow you and have you follow them and do some things you wouldnt normally do in an intermediate class, like pass on the inside and get real close to people. They also might try to come up your inside on a turn to see how you react. Brandon got bumped up and I went and talked to Aaron Borello who worked with me and then they moved me up after 2 sessions, I guess I didnt do close enough passing the first time out. Moving to A was a humbling experience for me, I think I passed 2 guys and got passed by 3 so it wasent to horrible but one of them was dragging their elbow on the curbing of turn 7 :cerealguy2:

Overall it was a great day with alot of my family stopping out to watch since I live so close and couldnt have gone much better (other than pushing Brandons ass around all day)

2 things I would like to point out. 1. Always signal when slowing or exiting the track regardless the reason. 2. CRs should always pay attention and choose easy passing places. With a vest on you are always held to a higher standard.

• Upvote 1

The whole N2 group was great. The CR's that I worked with had some really good advice. On the note of coming off pace, I had an incident where I cramped up in my left leg. I tried to hold it it, but ended up having to stick my leg out to relieve it. Of course this happened at the worst possible time - right in the carousel. I was not trying to pit in, but did drop my pace just a little as my concentration was on my cramp. I got back on pace, but then the CR, who happened to be right behind me, signaled me to pit in the next lap. We had a very good discussion on the issue and I assured him that I was not trying to suddenly pit in at that late point. He handled it very well and we went back out and finished the session.

He (Chad on blue R6 street bike) was very aware of the situation the previous day, and really protected the other riders in that group. When he saw my errant movement, he got everyone to slow down immediately just in case. It all turned out well, but now my question is what should one do in that situation (painful leg cramp at random point on track)?

drink more water :D

Not much you can do IMO...if it is a race grit your teeth and deal with it...but being a track day I'd say signal and pull in (predictably).  either shake it out as you roll through hot pit, lean the bike on the wall and actually stretch, or head in and force yourself to drink a couple bottles of water.  In any case, when the session comes to an end, drink more water.

• Upvote 1

I had a pretty good day there. I ran a few laps in the low 1:03's in the afternoon after I got out of I and into A. Followed a few pretty fast riders and got some good lines through 5-6 which is somewhere I've always struggled.

It was certainly different with that many control riders in I group. I had fun playing king of intermediate but like Dan said it was a different story in A. I was passing a majority of the guys, but there were a few that blew by me at a pretty good pace, probably sub 1:00 times.

They're pretty strict about "bumping up". They made me go in novice because that's what I ran last year. I have to get evaluated and then approved to bump up to intermediate.

this interests me, since N2 didn't exist last year.

I guess they're using NESBA's group break-down.  That means I have to safety wire the Katana to "Advanced" requirements to ride with them, then get totally blasted on the pig...  booooooo.

I had a similar experience at Mid-O a while back.  Some tool came out of the last turn onto the front straight who was holding up several of us (no real hurry to get around as it was just a track day).  We turned and came onto the front straight but some of us were so fixated on getting around that we barely saw the red flag.  But the tool sure saw it and immediately chopped the throttle and almost got ass packed not once but twice.  The closest call was from Mike who rubbed elbows with the douche.

Glad everyone came out okay but for fucks sake, stay on the gas AND signal, THEN start slowing down.

this interests me, since N2 didn't exist last year.

I guess they're using NESBA's group break-down.  That means I have to safety wire the Katana to "Advanced" requirements to ride with them, then get totally blasted on the pig...  booooooo.

Think of it as NESBA 2.0 - same group, same people, same rules, etc.  Good time.