Bike VS Horse

Sapphy

Buggy drivers fault but its common sense to not zoom loudly past horses as a precaution, kinda like you don't walk near a bunch of thugly looking dudes on the street, unless you want trouble.

Not a valid comparison at all.  The "thugly dudes" are taking offense to a completely benign gesture, and choosing to start an altercation for the sake of their ego.  The horse is just being scared.

I agree that the cautious move is to assume the horse will be scared, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a rider to assume that a horse traveling on the road is used to vehicles passing it.  My dog doesn't attack every car that passes while i'm walking him.

Not a valid comparison at all.  The "thugly dudes" are taking offense to a completely benign gesture, and choosing to start an altercation for the sake of their ego.  The horse is just being scared.

I agree that the cautious move is to assume the horse will be scared, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a rider to assume that a horse traveling on the road is used to vehicles passing it.  My dog doesn't attack every car that passes while i'm walking him.

Sure it is. From the aspect of common sense. If the thugs attack you, it's their fault. If the horse goes into your lane, it's the horse drivers fault. The point is, to avoid the bad situations, you don't do things that would likely result in an attack or an accident regardless if you are completely legal to proceed as you wish.

Jesus it's a horse, they are stupid and they freak out when something they don't understand goes by in a roar at even 50 mph. No they don't get used to it, they are stupid horses. So be careful when you see a horse on the road. You should be hardcore on the brakes, clutch in and zero throttle to keep the noise down. If one of them kills you having 'It was the horses fault' on your tombstone really won't matter much to you. Or maybe it will, at least you will be right on the internets.

• Upvote 2

I take it for granted every horse will panic when 3 or 4 bikes blow past them at probably 70+MPH especially coming head on 99% of the time they only see vehicles at 35mph that is a big difference in speed and sound. That video is one of those young and dumb learning experiences that I think she will not do again. Coming home from Geneva on the lake last year we came up on 25 to 30 buggies leaving church there were 15 of us and we past slowly going in the same direction but almost every horse reacted in some way and a few came a little in to our lane. You need to be smarter then the horse.

Edited by HeavyDuty

:lol:

This whole mess was the fault of the lead rider He may not have been liable but his fault non the less and if she would have tried to slow down she would have hit the horse.

Edited by HeavyDuty