Trx700xx Blows Up!

M_Quick

Dyno tuned at DTM. This was the best run as far as #'s. And was in 3rd gear, pulled up to 40 mph just under 7K rpm's hitting 47.8 hp and 43.5 torque. This was achieved on a 3k lb roller car dyno with knobbies on the quad. I wasn't after big #'s, just proper A/F ration. Which I'm sure I have, thanks to Brian from Dyno Tune Motorsports. http://www.dynotunemotorsports.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-_fu7eygQ&list=UUDU64hzYdjs_IrwfIbgBB4g

:popcorn: So this mourning at 8:40 I receive a call from Jeff@extremetecatv.com Explaing to me that his e-mail didn't send the file or files? And came back with a error "exceeding file size limit"  I responded with really cause those files are pretty small as I recall. And he then goes on to tell me that he was wanting to send me all the data he had, from each and every run it did on the dyno. I swear he said 3 runs, but idk? And then he mentions that it was only turning 32 hp on the 1st pull, because the DTM map was so rich. So I figured by now if he has all this info, I'd ask again what hp did it turn on final map? Again he reply's idk but I do know the torque was 52! So he ask me to e-mail him and then he will just reply to my e-mail with attachments. So I'm really confused, is it a file size error or you didn't know my e-mail? So I play along and send him a e-mail before 9am, And you probably already guessed I haven't received squat from him! I sent out another e-mail a few mins ago, I will just paste below. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey still no e-mail from your end? I just looked at the files from power commander's site, and there really small like I thought 1-3kb is all. I know you said you were trying to send all the data, and received a error exceeding files size limit from your e-mail. I would love all the data, but if your still unable to send it all in an e-mail perhaps you could burn it to cd or dvd depending on file size and mail it out. And in the mean time just e-mail me the final map file *.pvm. Or at least a e-mail letting me know what's going on, I know your busy and deal with a lot of customers and quads and I appreciate your time in handling this issue for me. Honestly when my software retrieved the map file it was identical to the one I attached M16-004-004.pvm 

Thanks for your Help M*****
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brian saves all his tunes. Ask him to email you yours. Unlike this bullshit he will send it. You will get it. Compare it. Reload it. Email the comparisons to this jack ass to further let him know that you know he didn't tune shit. Demand a refund on the tune. Go back to Brian and have it rechecked now that your motor is fixed. Done. Done right.

Why does Brian let you stay and watch while he tunes? Because he has nothing to hide and your shit doesn't leave till it's dead on.

Why do the others not let you watch?

You're being pretty fucking reasonable. I'd have lost my shit by now.

Yeah I'm trying to remain calm and give him the benefit of doubt. But it's really not looking good. Needless to say there has been no contact or reply from him since the 8:40am call. I'm waiting for him to say the file was lost, while trying to transfer and he has no backup. Also he's asked me how it's running, and responded if it's running good it really don't matter what map is in it! I wish I could of captured some of our calls on a recording.

Brian saves all his tunes. Ask him to email you yours. Unlike this bullshit he will send it. You will get it. Compare it. Reload it. Email the comparisons to this jack ass to further let him know that you know he didn't tune shit. Demand a refund on the tune. Go back to Brian and have it rechecked now that your motor is fixed. Done. Done right.

Why does Brian let you stay and watch while he tunes? Because he has nothing to hide and your shit doesn't leave till it's dead on.

Why do the others not let you watch?

I still have my map from DTM. Unfortunately so does extreme tec, cause he pulled the map from my pcv. Like I said before he practically read me his tune notes word for word, saying that's what he changed the fmf slip on notes too.

And yes Brian has nothing to hide, he will explain everything to you. Ask you questions, like how high do you want me to rev it. He spent some time tuning my quad last year, I just wish it would have been running right at the time.

OMG! I can't keep up with the excuses or story's. This mourning around 10am jeff@extremtecatv.com calls me and tell's me he received my e-mail and can't open it either? I said the e-mail or attachment, he replied attachment. I told him that it's just a pvm file for the power commander. He said yeah my computer says unable to open file? And he said same thing as when I tried to send your file to you? Hell last I recall he told me it exceeded the file size limit? We went back and forth for awhile. I told him who gives a shit if your pc can open file or not just send it to me. And then he said no internet on dyno pc. And he wasn't going to install the PC s/ware on his business PC? Then after a few more mins of BS he tells me he's starting to wonder about me? Because when I asked about securing my quad while there for service, I told him about my deal @MJUSA. So he says he's not sure about me 1st my quad gets stolen and now my map disappears, wtf Like yeah I planned my quad to get stolen, then my map, because I'm just board.. After this I told him "your wondering about me?" I wondering about you, first you tell me DTM maps was so far off it to forever to tune, then you said you used the base map off PC site, after I told you that's all I had on my unit. Then you say you can't send map because of file size limit, now you say your internet pc wont open it?  Then he rants and more or less blames all my issues, "no oil, cam & rocker wear" on the DTM tune. And goes back to saying I don't see what the problem is, you said the quad was running good, so why worry about what maps in it! OMG I told him I didn't have a O2 sensor up my ass when I ride the quad, and if I could tell the %'s of fuel air ratio's by the seat of my pants, I wouldn't need a dyno! He told me he would try to research why he cant send/open files on his end. And in the meantime I could bring the quad back up there, cause that's the only way he has to load the map back on it. I asked cant I just bring a flash drive? He said no way to put it there, from his dyno PC. I said well damn are you not using a usb port to connect to my PC from your dyno pc? And I think he ran out of excuses, because he then started ranting about a broken bone, and to be honest he had more to worry about than my tune!

If I were you I'd simply take a flash drive down there, set it on the counter and tell him to go put your map on it or give you a refund for the tuning.  He has no proof that he did anything or he'd be handing you a tune file.

No one and I mean no one is so ignorant about computers today to say they can't copy something to a flash drive unless they're like 70 years old.

Edited by r1crusher

Wondering if there's anyway this guy did tune my quad, and locked the new map in the position 2 spot? And the so called base map from PC site was left in position 1. Without a toggle switch I don't have the option to view or load a second map, but that don't mean he didn't? IDK how to hook the switch up for sure to check, but just beating my head against the wall. It would be so easy if he could just e-mail me the pvm file. And all the bs about not being able to send it makes me wonder if he truly has it. I don't have the time to load trailer and quad and make the 45 mile drive this week. And if it's a wasted trip when and if I do make the trip, I'm sure it wont end well.   

Any tips on toggling the map switch be nice! 

I figured the switch out, and position 2 was empty as far as I could tell. Maps will only switch when quad is running. But you can view and load them when it's off. Now all I need is a map, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Don't know if this will be any help but might as well give it a shot. You are the only person I can find that had this happen. The exact same thing happened to my 2008 trx700xx late last year and I haven't been wanting to fix it until spring because I wouldn't ride it in the winter anyways. I am just curious on where to begin, the parts I will have to need, if I should try doing it myself or try finding a shop to put it in. Anything along those lines. I've been dreading trying to fix this thing but i loved nothing more than being able to start it up and ride around wherever I wanted.