CSBA Ride June 28th

JCMathis

We will meet at Iron Pony at 9:00 and depart at 9:30. The route this month will be 285 miles down through Marietta and you know what is down there. If you do not, you need to. Some of the best roads in the state are down in that corner of the state. We are only going to touch a small piece of them but the ride there and back will be great. There will be gas stops at miles 115 and 200. Come filled up and ready to ride.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4881166

As always, all bike types are welcome and nobody gets left behind.

I hope many of you will be able to make this ride.

There will be another one on the 12th of July. We are actually doing a weekend rally out of Wheeling, WV the last weekend in July. if you are interested in joining us I can send you the details. 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Unfortunately I have to cancel the ride this month. Not sure if you caught the news yesterday but our office was one of the ones in Westerville that was flooded from Alum Creek overflowing. I have been working to get everything cleaned up but I need to be here Saturday for them to clean the mud from the parking lot. I hope you all are able to still get out and ride.

There will not be a CSBA ride next month as we will be doing a weekend rally based out of Wheeling. If anyone is interested in joining us for that please let me know.

Sorry!

Sorry to hear that John. I drove through there yesterday and couldn't go down 3 due to the flooding. Heck, it was still pretty high today. Hope you get it all cleaned up and any loss is minimal.

If anyone still wants to ride, I'm willing to meet up and head down to Marietta. Lots of great roads down there.

Sorry to hear that John. I drove through there yesterday and couldn't go down 3 due to the flooding. Heck, it was still pretty high today. Hope you get it all cleaned up and any loss is minimal.

If anyone still wants to ride, I'm willing to meet up and head down to Marietta. Lots of great roads down there.

It was quite the mess. I was called by Westerville police at 3:30am yesterday morning and was at the office at 4:30. TV10 was there and they interviewed me after I came out of my office. I had to walk through knee deep water to get to the door. We were lucky that there was only one room in the building that had water in it since there was an exterior door on that room. We have Service Masters coming out tomorrow to remove the carpet and dry the concrete out. There is a layer of mud covering our parking lot. The water was rushing so strong that our trash dumpster was moved about 75 feet from its pad.

I'm interested in the rally details if it's not on race weekend which is the 26th, and it will be sumo friendly as in gas stops with in 80 miles and hooligan friendly because well I'll be on a sumo and we all know how that ends :lol:

It is that same weekend Todd. 80 mile stops may be a little tough to do but I am sure it is possible. On Friday we will be riding SE Ohio roads and Saturday we will be in WV and PA.

It was quite the mess. I was called by Westerville police at 3:30am yesterday morning and was at the office at 4:30. TV10 was there and they interviewed me after I came out of my office. I had to walk through knee deep water to get to the door. We were lucky that there was only one room in the building that had water in it since there was an exterior door on that room. We have Service Masters coming out tomorrow to remove the carpet and dry the concrete out. There is a layer of mud covering our parking lot. The water was rushing so strong that our trash dumpster was moved about 75 feet from its pad.

Wow. That's terrible, but it sounds like it could have been worse. If you need any help, let me know.

I know the strip of Central Ohio between Westerville and Mount Vernon got around 7 inches over a 48 hour period. I was actually driving on Sycamore Road (between route 3 and 13) when the township told a bunch of us to turn around due to water running over the road. I ignored his warnings, apprehensively, and continued onward. I know that it doesn't take much water to lift a vehicle off of its wheels, so I was probably even more stupid for trying to ford those streams, but I managed to make it home without a boat. There were a couple of times when I thought I might not hahaha.

Edited by Blitz