Do you have a drz400sm?

oldschoolsdime92

Well I passed on the current drz I was looking at. I really wanna get some kart track action one of these days! G&j kartway is only 45 minutes from my house!

I'm pretty close to G&J as well.

I'm always willing to loan out my little green bike. It's like riding a chainsaw!

I haven't been to G&J, but I believe it is smaller and tighter than CRP. Are you insistent upon a bike you can ride to the track, or would something smaller and cheaper be an option?

I've heard the opposite.

Big bikes on g&j's front straight pull in the high 90's for trap speed if you're turning decent lap times.

As long as you're on the "moto" loop, its actually a pretty stretched out track where im up in 3rd and sometimes click 4th on my 4 speed 450. When I'm on the little bike, I spend a good portion revving out 6th.

If you use the kart lines, it's super tight... So much so that it takes the fun out of it. Even on the little bike.

I rode a DRZ around G&J, it was piggish feeling compared to my RMZ (but I figured it would be).

I also rode a wr250x around G&J. It was pretty much the same as the drz and both felt "like a street bike".

Something interesting about the wrx: the motor is actually 1 cylinder of an r1 engine. That's why it has the longevity.

If you want a street friendly/lower maintenance/reliable/proper sumo: wr450f converted. Or even a crf450x

His 125 is a two stroke GP bike. Not certain you are clear on how big the difference is.

im 100% certain. I've witnessed the little beast in action with my own 4 eyes =) I can verify that when he enters the dragon that bike, I never see him again after that first turn. 

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Something interesting about the wrx: the motor is actually 1 cylinder of an r1 engine. That's why it has the longevity.

If you want a street friendly/lower maintenance/reliable/proper sumo: wr450f converted. Or even a crf450x

The longevity is what intrigues me about the WR so much. I plan to use it as my commuter bike also. Im not looking to be super fast. Just to have some fun. I won't be actually racing the bike. just playing. 

• Upvote 1

The longevity is what intrigues me about the WR so much. I plan to use it as my commuter bike also. Im not looking to be super fast. Just to have some fun. I won't be actually racing the bike. just playing.

I think you'd really enjoy the WR. Personally, between WR and drz, I'd take the WR.