Heading to the beach.....to take the bike, or not

Ron505

We have typically hauled the bike to the beach with us, but I'm asking myself if it's worth it to haul the trailer and bike down for maybe one or two days tops of riding.  We are going to Holden Beach, NC for 7 nights (about 50 minutes north of Myrtle).  The roads aren't very good.  If it rains a day or two, I will want to be sitting on the beach with Corona in hand the remaining days.  We are also planning to golf a day or two.  I'm thinking maybe an extra $80 in gas if I haul the bike.  I need my time on the beach to relax.

What would you do?  Anyone know of any good rides, scenery or events that would be good to visit on the bike in the area?

Times like the below are hard to come by, but I doubt we'll be able to do that anywhere close to where we are going.

post-13259-0-79722100-1403099743_thumb.j

Edited by Ron505

Leave it at home. If you really need to ride for a day go rent one. http://www.beachhousehd.com/

Only 12 miles from Holden Beach. A sportster is like $50 for 7 hours. I'm not a Harley guy myself but I can ride anything for one day. :)

I wish I'd known about that. Definitely saving for the next trip.