What does this connect to?

Scene

I have a 2001 Honda CBR600f4i and I was washing it today after a nice ride around.

Well, I look underneath by my kick stand and I see this hose disconnected just hanging. It looks like it connects to the coolant tank.

Is this supposed to be connected to something underneath? I can't see what it would go to.

As I rode around today, the bike was normal and didn't overheat or anything...

Anyways, here are pictures to show a visual...

su9ymapu.jpgega9y5ah.jpg

Ah okay so technically it's supposed to be like that?

I was thinking I might have messed with something when I was cleaning the front sprocket. But that was the other day when I did an oil change too.

Today's ride, I didn't find anything leaking as I usually check after I park somewhere.

Exactly what these guys said. Just make sure the line is clear. It keeps any coolant overflow away from the engine. Maybe put a little bologna cut at the end ( meaning slice it off at 45 degrees, long side forward ) to keep it from being corked up as easily by any random debris. I routed mine away from the path of my rear tire by strapping it against the side fairing mount so it ports out under my footpeg out to the left side of my bike

I fueled up on a hot day and parked the bike on the side stand

before I went into the store.  I was in there for about five minutes

and when I came out I had a puddle of fuel under the bike.

It was dripping from a hose just like that one.  If I spill fuel between

the tank opening and the outer metal shell, it comes out there.  Of

course now, when I fill up I always put the bike on the center stand

when I park, until I've used up some of the gas.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring an old thread back but this involves the tank the hose connects to...

I just noticed that the coolant over flow tank or resevoir is empty. I'm assuming this isn't good, can I just fill this back up directly? Sorry for the noob question.

And, can I use prestone coolant? Or is there one you all suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I actually went up to the closest motorcycle shop by me and picked up a container of HP Honda premixed coolant.

There was some coolant in the little tank but I filled it up between the two lines. I'll keep an eye on the level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to thread hijack-- but I am wondering if it's ever possible for coolant in the reserve tank to just evaporate slowly?

I've had a reserve tank go slowly dry over the course of 2 months. It's not getting onto the oil, so I figure slow leak somewhere or evaporation (if that's even possible.) The rubber cap on that tank seems like a decent seal, but dunno if it's perfect.