unOFFICIAL FALL Epic Ride - Saturday September 27

DerekClouser

Haven't decided what I'll be riding or what time I'm heading out. The VFR has never been to southern Ohio...yet.

Aw then who's gonna be uncomfortable on a super sport with me? Still debating only doing part of the ride.

What year VFR?

Sent from my iPhone.

Well as shit luck has it...I may not b able to make it saturday....I'm milkn a f@$!#/ up back I sprained on the 19th at work...I'm so f@$!#n pissed!!!!! Hopefully I'll b a be to loosen this thing up by tmrw night.....as of yesterday I couldn't get my leg over my scoot w/out muscle spasms putting me on my knees....not looking for a pity party...just shit luck on my part...you all b SAFE and enjoy the day....maybe with a cpl flexerils and a heating pad I'll b able to loosen up and make it...If not..I'll def see u all in the spring!! ;)

HELLMUTT.....If I'm not at comp by 0730....Then I'm not gonna make it bro....uugh....hopefully ill b able to if not you and snot have a great day and b safe...looking forward to riding w u again soon....ps.i thought u lead the med/fast group the last two rides.(that's y I chose med/fast for this ride)..great pace anyhow...keep up the good work and if u get lost for a brief second...no biggy...Most won't notice anyways..lol...it's all beautiful country down there....sit back and enjoy the scenery...:)))

Welcome to the love/hate that is owning a European motorcycle. :lol:

Haha yea, it's done it to me a few times this year but I told myself I'm drawing the line in terms if dumping more money into it before winter. It's on a tender right now I'm gonna take it off when I get home and leave it and try and start it tomorrow morning. If it can't even hold a charge like that overnight I'm not taking a long trip on it.

Sent from my iPhone.

It looks like I have to work this weekend. Maybe, and only maybe, I can finish my work early enough to meet you guys in Nelsonville. If I can make Logan before everyone leaves, it will be a miracle.

Meet us for dinner afterwards, if you can.

My +1 is out.

Haven't seen a post about a Central meetup point....

As of now I am meeting up with the western group in groveport.

How the hell do you quote on a mobile device?

Edit: nevermind. Figured it out lol.

Edited by Heagachongoose

HELLMUTT.....If I'm not at comp by 0730....Then I'm not gonna make it bro....uugh....hopefully ill b able to if not you and snot have a great day and b safe...looking forward to riding w u again soon....ps.i thought u lead the med/fast group the last two rides.(that's y I chose med/fast for this ride)..great pace anyhow...keep up the good work and if u get lost for a brief second...no biggy...Most won't notice anyways..lol...it's all beautiful country down there....sit back and enjoy the scenery...:)))

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hope you feel better soon man, heal up quick

Haven't seen a post about a Central meetup point....

Yeah, meet our group in Groveport

Welcome to Fast Group. 
  • The first rule of Fast Group is: you do not talk about Fast Group. 
  • The second rule of Fast Group is: you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FAST GROUP! 
  • Third rule of Fast Group: there is no crashing in Fast Group!
  • Fourth rule of Fast Group: everyone will ride within their limits!
  • Fifth rule of Fast Group: pass each other only to adjust the ride order and not in turns.

Welcome to Fast Group.

• The first rule of Fast Group is: you do not talk about Fast Group.
  • The second rule of Fast Group is: you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FAST GROUP!
  • Third rule of Fast Group: there is no crashing in Fast Group!
  • Fourth rule of Fast Group: everyone will ride within their limits!
  • Fifth rule of Fast Group: pass each other only to adjust the ride order and not in turns.
You mean you and earsache's "private time"? ;)

Edit: I guess you can throw blitz in there for variety ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

OFFICIAL Greeting for Slow Group:

Dudes.   If you're still here, you're in the Slow Group. Welcome.

The ONLY rule of Slow Group:

It's OK, we'll get there.

OFFICIAL Policy of the Slow Group:

We DO talk about the Fast Group, especially if it might possibly get us out of a speeding ticket, or loitering ticket, or...

"Yep officer, we do know those other guys."   :crazy:

No, I'm not the lead. I just think I'm funny.

Edited by Shoop
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hope you feel better soon man, heal up quick

Yeah, meet our group in Groveport

There's a secondary meet point we'll plan to stop for just south of Columbus at

GetGo Fuel Station, 3765 S Hamilton Rd, Groveport, OH 43125 -- our eta here should be about 9:15'ish a.m.

So, for other riders not from our side of Ohio that want to meet up, hopefully this secondary meet locale will entice more to join us.

Sounds like a plan...

T Minus 20 hours!!  Hello fellow riders.  I hope to get to the meet spot early, since I will be on 4 wheels and get all signage up so everyone knows where to park.  All groups will be marked with a cone and signage.  I will also have paper copies of the route for all leads/sweeps if you need it.  We are going to have fabulous weather so rain will not be a factor.  Fast group will roll first at 11:30AM tentatively or earlier if you prefer and then we can stage out the remaining groups every 10 to 15 minutes.  Please be safe and wear all your protective gear, it saved my skin when I went down in July.  I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. :cool:

• Upvote 1

T Minus 20 hours!! Hello fellow riders. I hope to get to the meet spot early, since I will be on 4 wheels and get all signage up so everyone knows where to park. All groups will be marked with a cone and signage. I will also have paper copies of the route for all leads/sweeps if you need it. We are going to have fabulous weather so rain will not be a factor. Fast group will roll first at 11:30AM tentatively or earlier if you prefer and then we can stage out the remaining groups every 10 to 15 minutes. Please be safe and wear all your protective gear, it saved my skin when I went down in July. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. :cool:

That'll be so helpful!!

I also made something last night and printed them out for anyone who wants one. I have 5 extras (Numbers in parantheses are trip from start and estimated).

LEFT OUT OF PARKING LOT

RIGHT @ W. FRONT ST.

RIGHT @ S. MULBERRY ST.

FOLLOW 93S

(15) LEFT @ OH-56E

(31) LEFT @ 691 N

(41) 691N TOWARDS OLD US. 33

LET RIDERS CATCH UP AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AS NEEDED AT GAS STATION - NOT A SCHEDULED REST STOP

RIGHT @ BURR OAK BLVD

(42) BEGIN 78E

(73) RIGHT @ N. MAIN ST.

GAS STOP NEXT TO DAIRY WHIP GAS STATION

HEAD BACK TOWARDS 669W

RIGHT @ 669W

(93) RIGHT @ 93N

(95) LEFT @ 669W

(101) RIGHT @ OH 13N

(103) LEFT @ ROUNDABOUT

(103) LEFT @ 668S

(120) RIGHT @ 93S

END AT ORIGINAL MEET SPOT - HOCKING HILLS SHOPPING MALL

Everyone, to keep everything organized, when you arrive, please park your bikes in the area of the group you intend to ride with. Please have a full tank when you arrive. The gas stop is at about 80 miles.

Just before we are ready to send the fast group, I will get everyone together for a brief talk to make sure we have enough leads/sweeps and then get a group picture of everyone.

Edited by DerekClouser